Warning: mysqli_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home1/enjqhtmy/public_html/rootmyandroid.org/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 3091
What is ClockworkMod? It is a recovery which usually termed as CWM, is a recovery software which we use as a better alternative to Stock android Recovery. This recovery was built by Koushik Dutta (Koush) which is a pretty well known name in the Android Developers forums. This recovery has different options that the Android Recovery doesn’t has. It holds a few basic yet customizable options on android that are only used for maintenance and betterment of Android which we don’t get in the Stock Recovery. A few of its abilities are – gain root access, back up device data, install custom ROMs, kernels & mods, and more. For newbies these options may be a bit confusing, Don’t worry we will try to explain about everything.
What is Android Recovery ?
So Every Android Phone is powered with an Android Recovery you may know it or may not. What is a recovery ? It is a mode which is basically built to recover a Phone if it has been locked or has gone through bad times (That depends upon you).
This ROM allows us to recover back to stock android version, Factory Reset the Android phone, making a cache partition, bringing back the Stock ROM by installing it in .zip format.
By choosing any custom recovery over the stock android recovery we don’t risk anything that is pre-held in the stock recovery but we always get extra over to these features in a custom recovery that means we have the previous options with more useful and well managed options that allows us to install/flash custom ROMs, That may be legal or illegal ROMs with ability to install different kernels while keeping those in .zip files. One may not only wipe the user data with the standard cache partition but can also use SD-card as internal memory, partition your SD card, wipe dalvik cache and battery status, fix the permissions, perform, manage and restore backups, and so on.
What is ClockworkMod ?
ClockworkMod basically known as CWM is the most famous recovery being used today. The recovery is available for most of the mail stream high-end and also for even some low budget smartphone. The development of this ROM has been a very beneficial to all the android users.
One can easily enter the CWM recovery by pressing some keys with the power button (that depends on the Phone ans its variant). After entering one will have a very ugly interface that can be navigated through the volume rockers and can select an option there by pressing the power button. Now you know What is ClockworkMod ! so just move on to the next step
How to install ClockworkMod ?
There are different methods to install or flash CWM recovery over your Stack android recovery, While maximum times we prefer the easy and fast method by using ROM manager or Recovery manager. ROM manager is basically the best method available. ROM manager is actually an App available on Google play.
Its easier to install CWM recovery on a Rooted Phone.So one must Root his android device before installing CWM. Age foot access has been acknowledged one can easily use RIM manager or recovering manager to install CWM. but this is not the case with every phone. One must first Google about installing CMW on their specific devices. Like for Samsung there is no way that the above apps will serve your purpose. Rather installing Odin on your commodore or laptop will help you to root it and install CWM. You should also know that Rooting voids your warranty. So must know the advantages of android rooting and disadvantages of android rooting.
Also Read What is android rooting ? .
That’s the part what we are here for we are here to get you specific rooting and installing CWM guides safely.
Also read Best Apps for rooted android
Well we have different methods to boot our device into CWM once we have installed it on our android device. Go On and read the methods :
- Just Open ROM Manager App and choose the Recovery which you have installed most probably choose the 5.x+ version of CWM. but this is not for all. just let yourself know beforehand which recovery are you flashing on your device. after this just tap on the second available option that is the “Reboot in Recovery Mode”. That’s it Just Provide SuperUser access to the App and your device will reboot into CWM recovery mode.
- If you have ABD installed on your PC then you need not do anything from your device. Just Switch Debugging Mode ON from Settings > Applications > Development. Now Connect device to your PC. launch a Command Prompt or Terminal window on your computer and then enter this command: “adb reboot recovery”. And wearedone with CWM reboot.
- For this method you need to have installed your device drivers onto your PC so that the ADB can connect to your Phone easily. Download your Device drivers now
- If both the above options doesn’t suits you then we have another option for you. Every Device has its own Shortcut to reboot into recovery mode.
Like for Samsung android devices we have to press vol+ back and Power button while booting and the Phone starts in recovery mode. while for Micromax we have to press power and vol+ button. just Search and read about what is your device’s shortcut for rebooting into recovery mode.
This was all about ClockworkMod Recovery AKA CWM. You just read what is ClockworkMod Recovery.
Incoming Search Terms
- ClockworkMod Recovery Manual Install
- ClockworkMod Wipe Data Factory Reset
- What Is ClockworkMod Touch Recovery
- Alternative to ROM Manager
- CWM Recovery Download
- what is cyanogenmod
- what is clockworkmod and why do i need it
- what is clockworkmod recovery 5