Warning: mysqli_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home1/enjqhtmy/public_html/rootmyandroid.org/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 3091
Want to update xperia z1 to lollipop? This post could help you out with the procedure and make it really easy for you. So of you want to update re device within minutes without any problems, this is the right place you have come to. So let us begin.
Before you update Xperia Z1 to lollipop:
Before we begin you should know that how we will update xperia z1 to lollipop? The answer to that is same, as it always has been. We will flash a lollipop based ROM on the device which will in turn update it to lollipop and get you on the updated version. Supposedly we will be flashing cm 12.1 on xperia z1. The cyanogen ROM needs no introduction. It will make your smooth as ever and also the ROM is based on the stock android experience so you can have the most bloat free interface. Also it has many interactive features, which may allow you.to perform some decent customization a on the device. Also before you begin with the procedure to update xperia z1 to lollipop, you need to ensure that you have root access to the device. In other words you need to root the device first, and not only that there should also be a custom recovery installed on the device like cwm or twrp. Also in the pre requisite section there are key points that you need to go through. Morrow we below is a list of features of the cm12 ROM for xperia z1, which you might want to know before you install it on your device.
- Heavy Issues with Brightness changes automatically even in manual mode
- Low microphone level
- CM Recovery cant read 64 GB SD-Card
- Some Issues with Auto Brightness auto brightness mode sets wrong brightness
- Some Headphones will launch Google Voice Search
- Bluetooth buggy with some devices
Battery Life in DeepSleep is fine, but less Screen-On-Time than Stock Sony.
Below is a list of things that need to be done before you start with the procedure to update xperia z1 to lollipop. Go through the list once and get them done.
- Charge the device to at least 60 percent as we do not want that it should get completely discharged in the middle of the booting procedure.
- Unlock the bootloader, root the device and install a custom recovery on the device.
- If you haven’t done it lately, you need to do that before you begin. There is a link to a tutorial given at the end of this section for the same.
- Get a proper working SD card installed in the device.
- Backup all the important data, as flashing a new ROM might delete some of the user data. So it is always better to be on the safer side before you begin.
- If you don’t know how to do it, you can refer to the guides below.
- Backup Apps, Contacts, and Data using Titanium Backup
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup and Restore SMS
- Download the place the ROM and the gapps file onto the sd card in the device. You can download the files from the section below.
Xperia Z1 Guides:
Here are the files that you need to download, as they required for the procedure to update xperia z1 to lollipop. Before you can hit the download links, you will also need to unlock them by performing any of the tasks below. In case you don’t see anything, simply go ahead and grab them. As chances are, you might have already done that before.
How to Update Xperia Z1 to lollipop via CM 12:
So here are the final step by step instructions that you will need to follow so as to flash cm 12 on xperia z1 and update it to lollipop android 5.0 or 5.1 as the eventual updates to the ROM roll out. Once again make sure that you have downloaded all the required and necessary files and checked the things to be done, which are given in the pre requisite section.
- Transfer the ROM file and the GApps to the SD card of the device.
- Boot the phone into the recovery mode.
- Now after entering the recovery mode. if you were on Stock ROM first, make a complete wipe. And if you were on a CM based ROM, then just wipe the cache and the dalvik cahce.
- You can wipe the dalvik cache in the advanced options.
- After that, choose ‘install zip from SD card”
- Then navigate to the ROM file that you had placed on the SD card in the first step.
- The recovery will flash the ROM file for you.
- Then flash the Gapps.
- Reboot, and you’re good to go.
Congrats, you have finally updated xperia z1 to lollipop after flashing the cm 12.1 ROM on it. If you faced any errors like the download links did not work or any other type of error that you faced, you cans definitely contact us and our m team in the form of comments below, and we will try to get back to you soon. In case we are late, any other user might help you out. I hope this post helps and solves your purpose. 🙂