So if you are looking to update Xperia M4 Aqua to Android 6.0.1, this post will be of great help surely. As here are the simplest of instructions, and also the files to download which will let you do so.
Before you Update Xperia M4 Aqua to Android 6.0.1:
In this post we will be updating the Xperia M4 Aqua to the Android 6.0.1 with the help of a custom ROM. Now many of you might already be knowing that what a custom ROM actually is. For those who don’t, it is just a skin acting between the source code, and the user. And by flashing a ROM based on a newer android version, you can actually update the respective phone or tablet, on which it is running to a updated android version. In this post we will flash the CM 13 with the help of a custom recovery, and which will update the device to the Android 6.0.1. Now the CM 13 is quite stable, and many of the known bugs are fixed, and you can expect a smooth ride as far experience goes. Also it brings in some good features, over the top, which will definitely be for good. Also keep in mind, that all of the custom ROMs are not stable, as it depends on many factors, so we try to provide you with the best of the stable and best performing custom roms from the community.
Below are the screenshots, provided by the developer of the ROM.
Here are some things, which you need to grab and get done, before you move on to the instructions part of the tutorial to flash the CM 13 on the device to update it. So go through the list below.
- Make sure that you make a proper and a secure backup of the data on the phone, as it might get wiped.
- You will need a custom recovery installed on the phone, which is latest.
- Also you will require root access, i.e. make sure that the Xperia M4 Aqua is rooted.
- Check and Verify the Root Access with the help of Root Checker Pro
- Download the files from the section below.
- Charge the device properly, so that it does not turn itself off in the middle of the pprocedure.
Download the ROM files below, as they will be required in the flashing procedure while updating Xperia M4 Aqua to Android 6.0.1.
So here are the instructions which you need to follow to do the same, let’s begin.
- Unlock the bootloader of your M4 aqua, by navigating to the official website.
- Make sure that you are running on the firmware —> 26.1.A.1.128
- Download all the files from the link above and the Android SDK, also link given in the above section.
- Extract the .zip file in the fastboot folder.
- Hold Shit and Right click, and launch the Command Prompt.
- Reboot the m4 Aqua in the Fastboot mode.
- Type the command “fastboot flash boot boot.img” and press enter.
- After that, type in the command ” fastboot flash system system.img”.
- Then, type “fastboot flash userdata userdata.img”, and then “fastboot reboot”.
- The phone will reboot after that, and then the phone will reboot in the CM 13.
So this is it, this is how you update Xperia M4 Aqua to Android 6.0.1 by flashing the CM 13. One thing to keep in mind is that, the first boot may take up to several minutes, so don’t turn off the phone, while it is booting up. Also if you had been running the previous version of the CM 13, you could perform a dirty flash on the device, which is simply done by follow the same procedure, just don’t include Step 3, and you will be good.