Warning: mysqli_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home1/enjqhtmy/public_html/rootmyandroid.org/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 3091
So if you are looking to update Xperia E3 D2203 to Android 6.0.1, this post will be of great help surely. As here are the simplest of instructions, and also the files to download which will let you do so.
Before you Update Xperia E3 D2203 to Android 6.0.1:
In this post we will be updating the Xperia E3 D2203 to the Android 6.0.1 with the help of acustom ROM. Now many of you might already be knowing that what a custom ROM actually is. For those who don’t, it is just a skin acting between the source code, and the user. And by flashing a ROM based on a newer android version, you can actually update the respective phone or tablet, on which it is running to a updated android version. In this post we will flash the CM 13 with the help of a custom recovery, and which will update the device to the Android 6.0.1. Now the CM 13 is quite stable, and many of the known bugs are fixed, and you can expect a smooth ride as far experience goes. Also it brings in some good features, over the top, which will definitely be for good. Also keep in mind, that all of the custom ROMs are not stable, as it depends on many factors, so we try to provide you with the best of the stable and best performing custom roms from the community.
Here are some things, which you need to grab and get done, before you move on to the instructions part of the tutorial to flash the CM 13 on the device to update it. So go through the list below.
- Make sure that you make a proper and a secure backup of the data on the phone, as it might get wiped.
- You will need a custom recovery installed on the phone, which is latest.
- Also you will require root access, i.e. make sure that the Xperia E3 D2203 is rooted.
- Check and Verify the Root Access with the help of Root Checker Pro
- Download the files from the section below.
- Charge the device properly, so that it does not turn itself off in the middle of the procedure.
Refer: Root Xperia E3 Without PC
Download the ROM files below, as they will be required in the flashing procedure while updating Xperia E3 D2203 to Android 6.0.1. Use the latest TWRP recovery for flashing purposes for the ROM.
So here are the instructions which you need to follow to do the same, let’s begin.
- Place the ROM file on the SD card of the Root of the Internal Memory.
- Reboot Xperia E3 D2203 into Recovery Mode.
- Now select the option ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’.
- After that ‘Wipe Cache’.
- Navigate into ‘Advanced Settings’ and from there ‘Wipe Dalvik Cache’.
- After all that, head back to the main menu, and select the option ‘Install zip from SD card’.
- Then select the ROM file which you had placed in the first step.
- Let the recovery flash and install the CM 13 on your Xperia E3 D2203.
- As it completes, reboot the device, and if needed, flash the Gapps similarly.
So this is it, this is how you update Xperia E3 D2203 to Android 6.0.1 by flashing the CM 13. One thing to keep in mind is that, the first boot may take up to several minutes, so don’t turn off the phone, while it is booting up. Also if you had been running the previous version of the CM 13, you could perform a dirty flash on the device, which is simply done by follow the same procedure, just don’t include Step 3, and you will be good.