Warning: mysqli_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home1/enjqhtmy/public_html/rootmyandroid.org/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 3091
The Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 is a lower end Android Smartphone from Samsung and was launched on January 2011. The Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 was released with Android version 2.3 Gingerbread out of the box and similar to other budget oriented Android Smartphones, the Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 too did not receive any future Android software updates.
But you can run the latest Android version, i.e., Update Galaxy Mini to Android 4.4 Kitkat o by rooting and installing the Cyanogenmod 11 custom ROM.
Before You Update Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 to Kitkat 4.4:
In this tutorial, we’re going to guide you through a set of procedures that will teach you how to update Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 to Kitkat 4.4 OS. This is done by installing the latest Cyanogenmod 11 custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570.
Cyanogenmod Inc., is a very popular custom ROM developer for Android Smartphones. And there are Cyanogenmod ROM’s for almost every popular Android Smartphones out there. The main advantages of using the Cyanogenmod custom ROM over other custom ROM’s is that there are very little known bugs in this ROM and also that you get the smoothest Vanilla Android experience with this ROM.
Before we move on to the tutorial on how to update Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 to Kitkat 4.4, below are some warning statements that you should read:
- Rooting and installation of custom ROM’s on an Android Smartphones violates the terms and policies of your Smartphone and hence you’ll lose the warranty of your Smartphone.
- In case you misfollow the tutorial written below, there are chances that you end up damaging your Smartphone. And we are not responsible for any such occurrences. Hence, proceed at your own risk only.
- During the installation of this custom ROM, you’ll lose all the data stored in the internal storage of your Smartphone. Hence, take a complete backup of your Samsung Galaxy Mini before attempting to this tutorial so that you do not lose any of your data. Read Backup Apps, Contacts, and Data using Titanium Backup
- Make sure that you’ve rooted and installed CWM recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 prior to following the guide written below.
- Make sure that you’ve fully charged your Smartphone before proceeding.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Smartphone.
Download the CM 11 ROM for Galaxy mini from the Download links below.
How To Update Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 to Kitkat 4.4:
Below is the tutorial on how to update Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 to Kitkat 4.4 by installing the Cyanogenmod 11 custom ROM:
- Copy and paste both the downloaded folders to the external storage space on your Smartphone. Do not extract these folders.
- Switch OFF and boot into recovery mode by pressing Volume Up+Power+Home keys.
- Now from the recovery mode, perform a “Data Factory Reset”, “Wipe Cache Partition” and “Wipe Dalvik Cache”.
- Now choose the “Install ZIP From SD Card” option.
- Then choose the ROM kit that you copied to your Smartphone earlier.
- The Cyanogenmod 11 custom ROM will be installed on your Smartphone now.
- Next, choose the Google Apps kit.
- And then the Google Apps kit will be installed on your Smartphone.
- Now go back to the main menu of the recovery mode and then click on the “Reboot System Now” option.
- Your Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 will now reboot.
As its the first boot after installing the custom ROM, it might take some time [usually from 3-5 minutes]. So please wait patiently. Congratulations, you have now successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 to Kitkat 4.4 OS by installing the Cyanogenmod 11 custom ROM on Galaxy Mini.
I hope you found this tutorial helpful, and in case of any queries or doubts, please leave them as comments below.