Warning: mysqli_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home1/enjqhtmy/public_html/rootmyandroid.org/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 3091
Looking for some ways to update the android version on your evo 4g? Well this post has a tutorial for you. It will help you out to update HTC evo 4g to lollipop rom, and also enjoy the gestures on lollipop, and not only this there are many other features and cool customizations of the cm roms that you can enjoy on the device.
Before you Update Evo 4G to Lollipop:
Before you begin to update HTC Evo 4G, you need to know that we will be flashing CM 12 for Evo 4G on the device which will in turn then update the device to Lollipop. Now for this you need to have the root access on the device as well and also a third party recovery. I have mentioned these things in the pre requisite section again, and also at the end of that section there is a link to a tutorial which might help you in case you haven’t rooted it yet. Now we will be flashing the cm ROM, which needs no introduction. It has all the features of Lollipop and completely looks like stock Lollipop version which was rolled out by Google. And not only that you will get to use all those gestures align with many more additional features without any lag a, without any bloatware as well. Also it will have minimal of the bugs and also will be really easy to operate and customize. It will speed up your device and will you then experience no lash as well as you did with the stock ROM that came along with the device pre installed. This is a nightly build, so do not expect much from the ROM, as it is still under development.
Here is a list of things that you need to follow before you begin with the procedure to update HTC Evo 4G to Lollipop.
- Make sure that the device is properly charged, so that we are not interrupted in the middle of the procedure or the device doesn’t get stuck, in the middle of a booting up.
- You need to root the device first and also install a third party recovery like can or twrp. You can follow the tutorial at the end of this section.
- Backup the important facts on the device, as it may get deleted if you clean wipe and then flash the Lollipop ROM on your device.
- You can refer to the guides below.
- Backup Apps, Contacts, and Data using Titanium Backup
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup and Restore SMS
- Ensure that you have a proper SD card installed on the device.
- Download the ROM and the gapps file from the link below and transfer it to the sd card.
HTC Evo 4G Guides:
Download the ROM to update the Evo 4G from the link below. Also note that you will need to unlock these download links before you can begin downloading, and that can be done by performing the tasks given below.
CM 12 for Evo 4G
How to Update HTC Evo 4G to Lollipop 5.0.2:
Follow the detailed step by step instructions below to update HTC Evo 4G to Lollipop 5.0.2 version. With the below instructions you will be easily be doing it on your own. Make sure that every thing mentioned in the pre requisites and the above sections are cross checked, so that we can finally begin.
- Transfer the ROM file and the GApps to the SD card of the device.
- Boot the phone into the recovery mode.
- Now after entering the recovery mode. if you were on Stock ROM first, make a complete wipe. And if you were on a CM based ROM, then just wipe the cache and the dalvik cahce.
- You can wipe the dalvik cache in the advanced options.
- After that, choose ‘install zip from SD card”
- Then navigate to the ROM file that you had placed on the SD card in the first step.
- The recovery will flash the ROM file for you.
- Then flash the Gapps.
- Reboot, and you’re good to go.
So this was a short post that helped you to update HTC Evo 4G to Lollipop 5.0.2, and if in case in the middle of the procedure you face any errors, you can definitely contact us using the comment form below and out dedicate team would try to get back to you as soon possible.