Warning: mysqli_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home1/enjqhtmy/public_html/rootmyandroid.org/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 3091
So looking for a way to update Galaxy Grand 2 to Lollipop? Well you have come to the right place. In this place we will update grand 2 by flashing CM 12 on it. As you might be knowing that CM 12 is a well known ROM franchise and there are a lot of features that will come along the CM 12 including the stock interface of android straight from Google. So I guess you’re pretty excited? So let’s begin without any delays.
Also Read: Things to Do before Installing a Custom ROM
Before you Install CM 12 on Galaxy Grand 2:
But before we start the tutorial and the process to update galaxy grand 2 to lollipop. You should be knowing some stuff. Like we still update the device in the procedure by flashing CM 12 on the device with the help of the recovery. So of course you should root your grand 2 in case you haven’t and also flash a custom CWM or TWRP recovery on it. And not only that this process might wipe the data on the device, so it is essential that you make a proper backup before you begin. This ROM might have some of the minor bugs, but there aren’t any major bugs and also there is no bloatware on the device. If you don’t know what really a custom ROM is, then you should take out some time to read about it. It is a user interface that runs over the core android code. It maybe tweaked by various manufacturers to give a tiny of their own taste to android. That is the reason the interface of different phones from different manufacturers differ apart from the fact that hey both run on Android. So I guess that pretty much the Stuff that you needed to know before hand, and we can begin with the procedure to flash cm 12 on galaxy grand 2 to update it to Lollipop.
Before you begin to follow the procedure to update grand 2 to lollipop, you should check that you have these things done in the list below. They are necessary and that is the reason that we have compiled a list for you below.
- Ensure that the device is properly charged as we don’t want that the device should die in the middle of the procedure due to low battery.
- You will need a SD card for the procedure.
- The device must be rooted and also a custom recovery must be installed on it. 4. Also you are required to download the files from the download section below so as to update grand 2.
- Also backup the important data on the device. There are plenty of options which you can backup the data. You can refer to the guides below.
- Backup Apps, Contacts, and Data using Titanium Backup
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup and Restore SMS
Guides: Root Galaxy Grand 2
Download the files below, as they are required for the procedure to update the Galaxy Grand 2 to Lollipop Android 5. But first you will need to unlock the download links, by performing any of the mentioned actions below.
How to Update Galaxy Grand 2 to Lollipop via CM 12:
So here follow the step by instructions, that you need to follow to update grand 2 to lollipop via CM 12. Now once again make sure that you have gone through the previous parts of the tutorials, gone through the pre requisite section, and also downloaded the required files.
- Transfer the ROM file and the GApps to the SD card of the device.
- Boot the phone into the recovery mode, which you can do by pressing the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons at the same point of time.
- Now after entering the recovery mode. if you were on Stock ROM first, make a complete wipe. And if you were on a CM based ROM, then just wipe the cache and the dalvik cahce.
- You can wipe the dalvik cache in the advanced options.
- After that, choose ‘install zip from SD card”
- Then navigate to the ROM file that you had placed on the SD card in the first step.
- The recovery will flash the ROM file for you.
- Then flash the GApps.
- Reboot, and you’re good to go.
So this was a short tutorial that helped you to update grand 2 to Lollipop by flashing CM 12 ROM on it. In case you face any bugs, or any issues you can comment below, and we will try to get back to you as soon as possible with the solutions. I hope this helped you 🙂