Warning: mysqli_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home1/enjqhtmy/public_html/rootmyandroid.org/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 3091
Looking for a method to update your old galaxy beam to Android 5.0 Lollipop? Well here is a simple tutorial that will get you started, and help you to flash the new android version on your device instantly. So let’s start.
Before you Update Galaxy Beam to Lollipop:
We will update the phone to Android 5.0 Lollipop version with the help of a Custom ROM, which we will be flashing on the device. And as you might be knowing, that so as to flash a custom rom in zip format, you are required to have a custom recovery installed on the device. And also make sure that before you begin, that the device has been rooted as well. As root access is mandatory for this procedure, and a custom recovery too. So below are some of the feautres of the ROM that we will flash on the device.
- Up to 4x performance improvements.
- SELinux enforcing for all applications means even better protection against vulnerabilities and malware.
- It has a faster, smoother and more powerful computing experience.
- Support for 64-bit SoCs using ARM, x86, and MIPS-based cores.
- New devices come with encryption automatically turned on to help protect data on lost or stolen devices.
- More intelligent ranking of notifications based on who they’re from and the type of communication. See all your notifications in one place by tapping the top of the screen.
- OpenGL ES 3.1 and Android extension pack brings Android to the forefront of mobile graphics putting it on par with desktop and console class performance.
- Responsive, natural motion, realistic lighting and shadows, and familiar visual elements make it easier to navigate your device.
- A battery saver feature which extends device use by up to 90 mins.
- State of the art video technology with support for HEVC main profile to allow for UHD 4K 10-bit video playback, tunneled hardware video decoding to save power and improved HLS support for streaming.
- Make sure that you have the root access to the device.
- Also you will need to have a custom recovery installed on the device.
- Before you begin make a complete backup of all the user data on the device like apps, contacts, sms and other data that might be if importance to you on the device.
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup Apps, Contacts, and Data using Titanium Backup
- Backup and Restore
- Download the files from the download links below.
- Charge the device to at least 60 percent as we do not want that it should interrupt us in the middle of the procedure.
- You will also need an SD card, in which you will transfer the ROM file.
You need to download the ROM files from the download link below. They are separated into three sub parts, you need to compile them into one and then zip in one folder.
So let us begin with the procedure to update galaxy beam i8530, follow the instructions given below.
- Place the ROM file that you have downloaded in the above section, and compile it ino one zip folder, as the links have been provided for three sub parts.
- You can simply extract them and zip them into one folder, it would work fine.
- Next after you have placed the ROM file on the SD card of the phone.
- Reboot the phone into the recovery mode.
- After the CWM or whatever custom recovery you are using boots up, wipe the data, cache and dalvik cache if you are using any Stock based ROM, or Stock ROM.
- Then select ‘Install zip from SD card‘ and then select the file you just placed in SD card.
- If on the other hand, you were running a previous version of AOSP based ROM, no need to wipe data. Simply wipe cache, and flash the ROM file.
- That’s it, after that reboot the device.
- In case the Google Apps don’t work properly, flash Lollipop Gapps again in the recovery mode.
So this was it,, it was a short procedure to update galaxy beam i8530 to Android 5.0 Lollipop. Just in case, note that if the recovery shows any error, then just amke sure that you are running the latest version of the CWM or any custom recovery. As old recovery versions show an error while flashing Lollipop ROMs.