Here is a post that will help you root Xperia ZL c6503 within a few click on the computer and easily in minutes, without having you to manually entering any commands or anything like that. So let’s begin already.
Before you Root Xperia ZL c6503:
You should be having or knowing that what are you really doing to the device. You should at least have a basic knowledge that what really android rooting is and the things related to it. If you already know about it then you can skip this part of the tutorial and move onto the next one. But on the other hand if you really think that you have or need a to know about it more, then you should definitely invest some time in reading about it. You can refer to some the brief info written below explaining general things about it.
Android Rooting in general is referred to the process when you get the root access to the device shock in turn allows you to enhance and modify the functioning of the device. When you have the root access, you are able to control the device better than ever before. You are more like a super user of the device where you can control many system processes and the way your android device works. Of course these all things, you cannot do any android device by defaults. It lets you perform many tweaks and customizations on the device which any user simply cannot. This was just a brief info, and it is normal that you still want to read more bout rooting and so to do that, you can get to the detailed post explaining rooting android here.
Since android rooting allows. You to perform tweaks and customizations on the device, you can use it to your advantage. By that you can increase the performance of the device and what not. To list a few tweaks that can be performed, you could Play HD Games, overclock processor, increase the RAM, increase the internal memory, and also you could install Custom ROMs. And not only this there are many more tweaks out there that can be done and benefited from once you root your android. To browse those tweaks, see this list here. And if on the other hand you want to read about more advantages of rooting your android smartphone, read this post here.
Unfortunately android rooting has some of the disadvantages a well. The most common disadvantage of rooting is that you lose the warranty on the device. And then also not only this, there are many more disadvantages of rooting. You can refer todisadvantages of rooting if you wish to read and gather more knowledge about it.
About this Tutorial:
Let us first have a look that how will we rooting the device in this tutorial. I’m this tutorial we will root Xperia zl in a quote complex way. As first we wi flash a kernel on the device that is rootbale and then gain the root access on the device. There may be other tutorials too, but the stock kernel won’t let. You. To get the root access and in case it does it might be unstable hence first flashing the rootable kernel on the device. Though this method has been tried and tested on the device, still we would like you to know that we would not be responsible for any damage that might occur to the device, so make sure that you are confident about what you’re doing before you proceed.
Before you begin to root Xperia ZL c6503, here are some things that you need to do. Below is a list of those things, so have them done before you proceed further.
- First of all, enable the USB Debugging Mode on you device, by going into the Developer Options.
- If Developer Options for your device aren’t activated yet, you can do that by tapping on the Build Number in the About Section of the device 7 times.
- Get a computer or a laptop, as it is required and also proper drivers setup on it.
- To download the drivers for your device, you can use this page.
- Charge the device properly, to at least sixty percent so that it does not stop you in the middle and ask to plug in power.
- Though rooting does not delete any of the user data, still you should backup all your important stuff on the device as a precautionary measure.
- Refer to these guides to backup the data, if you do not know how to do it.
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- Backup and Restore SMS and WhatsApp Chats
- You also need to download the files from the download section below.
For the procedure we will be requiring these files to download, so make sure that you get them downloaded before you begin. And before you can get your access to the link you will have to unlock it and that can be done from the info mentioned on the box below.
Flashing the rootable old kernel:
This is the first part of the tutorial on which we will root Xperia zl but before we will flash a kernel which is rootable as the stock kernel isn’t.
- Install the flashtool program you downloaded on your computer by following the onscreen instructions.
- From the downloaded files, copy the
C6503_10.3.A.0.423_MEA.ftf file to C: \Flashtool\firmware.
- Launch the flashtool program and click on the flash button.
- You will then see two options on the screen. Select Flaahmode.
- Then choose the C6503_10.3.A.0.423_MEA.ftf file and click OK.
- Then you just have to follow the onscreen instructions which will lead to it device in to the fastboot mode and then connect your device to the compiter using a USB cable.
- Be sure to mark the “No final verification” option.
- After the previous step is complete, reboot your device.
Rooting Sony Xperia ZL c6503:
So after we have flashed the kernel on the device, let us move on to the next section, i.e. the rooting part of the tutorial. So let’s begin.
- Head to settings > developer options and enable USB Debugging on your phone.
- Also check the Unknown Sources option by going into Settings > Security.
- Kill the flashtool program if it is still running on your computer and then connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Extract the rooting toolkit that we downloaded above to a suitable location on your computer.
- From the extracted files, double click on runme_win.bat file to launch the rooting tool. Then just follow the on screen instructions.
After the process is complete, just reboot your device and look for the SuperSU app in the app drawer of your phone. You can also download the Root Checker app to confirm the root.
Flashing the original kernel:
Follow the same steps as those for flashing the old rootable kernel’ but instead of the C6503_10.3.A.0.423_MEA.ftf file, choose the C6503_10.3.1.A.0.244_DE.ftf file.
This was it, you have rooted Xperia ZL c6503 and if you faced any errors in the middle of the procedure or any other issue like the download links not working, then you can get to us in the form of comments below and we will try to get back to you as soon as possible. So this is it, I guess this post helps you.