Warning: mysqli_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home1/enjqhtmy/public_html/rootmyandroid.org/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 3091
In this tutorial we will be rooting the device with the help of the recovery and flash the root package on the device which will give us the root access. Now this is one of the most traditional method to root xperia mini pro is least likely to fail or give you any error. It is not eh easiest or the shortest of the procedures as compared to them as nowadays there are various tools that do the job automatic for you. But this one is pretty safe and most likely to succeed without any errors. Though it has been tried and tested, still you should proceed at your own risk with the tutorial as we will not be responsible for any harm. That. Might occur to the device.
Before you Root Xperia Mini Pro:
You should be having or knowing that what are you really doing to the device. You should at least have a basic knowledge that what really android rooting is and the things related to it. If you already know about it then you can skip this part of the tutorial and move onto the next one. But on the other hand if you really think that you have or need a to know about it more, then you should definitely invest some time in reading about it. You can refer to some the brief info written below explaining general things about it.
Android Rooting in general is referred to the process when you get the root access to the device shock in turn allows you to enhance and modify the functioning of the device. When you have the root access, you are able to control the device better than ever before. You are more like a super user of the device where you can control many system processes and the way your android device works. Of course these all things, you cannot do any android device by defaults. It lets you perform many tweaks and customizations on the device which any user simply cannot. This was just a brief info, and it is normal that you still want to read more bout rooting and so to do that, you can get to the detailed post explaining rooting android here.
Since android rooting allows. You to perform tweaks and customizations on the device, you can use it to your advantage. By that you can increase the performance of the device and what not. To list a few tweaks that can be performed, you could Play HD Games, overclock processor,increase the RAM, increase the internal memory, and also you could install Custom ROMs. And not only this there are many more tweaks out there that can be done and benefited from once you root your android. To browse those tweaks, see this list here. And if on the other hand you want to read about more advantages of rooting your android smartphone, read this post here.
Unfortunately android rooting has some of the disadvantages a well. The most common disadvantage of rooting is that you lose the warranty on the device. And then also not only this, there are many more disadvantages of rooting. You can refer to disadvantages of rooting if you wish to read and gather more knowledge about it.
Before you begin to root Xperia Mini Pro, here are some things that you need to do. Below is a list of those things, so have them done before you proceed further.
- First of all, enable the USB Debugging Mode on you device, by going into the Developer Options.
- If Developer Options for your device aren’t activated yet, you can do that by tapping on the Build Number in the About Section of the device 7 times.
- Get a computer or a laptop, as it is required and also proper drivers setup on it.
- To download the drivers for your device, you can use this page.
- Charge the device properly, to at least sixty percent so that it does not stop you in the middle and ask to plug in power.
- Though rooting does not delete any of the user data, still you should backup all your important stuff on the device as a precautionary measure.
- Refer to these guides to backup the data, if you do not know how to do it.
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- Backup and Restore SMS and WhatsApp Chats
- You also need to download the files from the download section below.
Before we start with the rooting process, you first need to download the file below to your computer. But before you use the link, you will have to unlock it by performing any of the things mentioned below.
SK17i 4.1.B.0.587.zip file onto your computer.
Instructions to Root Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro SK171:
- Head to Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging and check the box next to it.
- Now connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable and copy the abovedownloaded file to the root of the SD card of your phone.
- Do not attempt to extract or run this file.
- Disconnect your phone from the computer and boot it into recovery mode.
- To do this, first turn off your phone and then press and hold the home button + volume down button and press the power button while holding these buttons.
- Your phone should now be in recovery mode.
- Now navigate using the volume up and volume down keys to the ‘Install zip from SD card’ and select it using the power button.
- Then select the ‘Choose zip from SD card’ and select the file that we copied to the root of the SD card.
- After the file is successfully flashed, select the ‘reboot system now’ option and then reboot your phone into normal mode.
This was it, you have rooted Xperia Mini Pro and if you faced any errors in the middle of the procedure or any other issue like the download links not working, then you can get to us in the form of comments below and we will try to get back to you as soon as possible. So this is it, I guess this post helps you.