Warning: mysqli_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home1/enjqhtmy/public_html/rootmyandroid.org/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 3091
Samsung had released the tab 2 10.1 a long time ago and as a usual which is the case with aged android devices. You could root galaxy tab 2 10.1 and benefit by performing tweaks and in reason the performance to better your overall experience with the aged android tablet.
Before you Root Galaxy Tab 2 10.1:
Before you rush to root galaxy tab 2 10.1, you should be knowing about the basic concepts if rooting and other tweaks that are related to it. As you should be knowing that what really are you doing to your device. In case if you are wells ware and have Ben rooting devices since a long time, you could skip this part of the tutorial and jump onto the next one. But on the other hand you are a beginner and this is your first time or you don’t know what rooting and the related things are, you should probably give this part a read at least. It would help in understanding it better than before.
Android Rooting is a method by which you gain the root access to the device and it allows you to fully control to the device including the system processes and the core functioning. When you root you get to even make the device work according to you by interfering in the system function. All in all you are in complete control and are to do any tweak on the device from changing the interface to changing the kernels on the device. The topic of rooting is so vast in itself that it cannot be solely discussed right here in this post. So if you wish to gather some more info you could read this post.
Now as discussed above when you root the device you get the full control and also to perform tweaks on the device. And this is one of the biggest advantage of rooting your android smartphone. For instance you can increase the internal memory, overclock processor, Play HD Games, delete the bloatware, increase the RAM , flash Custom ROMs, and much more. And not only these, there are so so many tweaks out there to help you out for the same. Here is a list which comprises of some good root only android tweaks that could make your rooted android experience better than ever before.
Talking of the disadvantages, there are some disadvantages of rooting galaxy tab 2 10.1. You will be choosing the warranty of the device that has been provided by the manufacturer as a matter of fact, which is Samsung in this case. Though nowadays there are many manufacturers who do allow rooting your smartphone but in this case, it is not. Also alongside, there are many more disadvantages related to security of the device. You could also read about disadvantages of rooting, if you wish to know more.
About this Tutorial:
In this tutorial we will be rooting galaxy tab 2 10.1 with the help of a computer and using odin multi downloader tool that has been specifically provided by Samsung for the flashing purpose. This is not an easy process for you to root galaxy tab 2 10.1 but it is one of the most safest tutorial, of the large number of tutorials that are out there.
Here are some things that need to be done before you move onto the instructions part and then root galaxy tab 2 10.1. So make sure you have them in place before hand.
- You will need a computer or a laptop or a computer as we will be rooting the device using odin.
- Also proper drivers are needed to be installed on the computer or a laptop whatever you are using. You could download them right here.
- Also make sure to backup the important stuff on the device.
- Refer to the guides below for the same.
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Phones
- Backup and Restore SMS
- The device should be properly charged, at least 60 percent. As we do not want that it should prompt you to connect the charger in the middle of rooting procedure.
- Also download the files below from the download section.
So now before moving onto the final part make sure that you download the files from the download links below as they are essential to root galaxy tab 2 10.1.
How to Root Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5110:
So here are the step by step instructions for the tutorial that you need to follow so as to finally root galaxy tab 2 10.1 using odin.
- Download the root package from the link above and extract it on your laptop or desktop.
- Now boot your tab on to download mode. To do this, first turn your tan off and then turn it back on by holding and pressing the Volume down key + Power key at the same time for about 10 seconds. This will enter your tab into the download mode but you will first see a warning with a yellow triangle on the screen. Press volume up key to continue.
- Now launch Odin3-v3.07.exe from the extracted files. Now connect your tab in the download mode to the computer using a USB cable.
- Odin will automatically recognize your phone and you will see the added button on the window.
- Now click on the PDA field in the Odin window and select the CF-Auto-Root.tar file from the extracted download package. Then click on start which will start the rooting process. This will take about 40 seconds.
- After the rooting process is complete, you will see ‘ Pass ‘ written in a green box. You device will reboot after this.
- To make sure your device has been rooted, disconnect it from the computer and look for the SuperSU app in the app drawer. If you find this app, your phone has automatically been rooted.
This is it, and you have now successfully rooted galaxy tab 2 10.1. Using odin and a computer. Now if you face any problems while performing the tutorial or any of the download links seem to not be working then you could contact us or also comment below. We would try to solve it as soon as possible and the users who have the solution could also help others. I hope this helped.