If you are looking to root Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8 then you are at the right place. Here is a short tutorial that will help you to root the device with the help of one click software in which you would have to just follow the simple set of instructions below and not need to give any manual commands. So let’s begin.
Before you Root Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8:
Before you begin with the procedure to root Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8, you should be knowing about the basic concepts related to android rooting. If you are well aware of it and have been into then rooting of android phone since quite a bit of time now, then you can skip this part of the tutorial and jump to the next section. Also on the other hand if you are not aware of it more, then you should take out some time and research a bit about it. You can refer to the small introductory part below.
Android Rooting is a procedure by which you gain the special authority to control your device better than ever before, which includes interfering in the system processes and also performing many tweaks and customizations on it. It makes you the super user of the device and you are to grant special access to the device and also perform performance tweaks on it which by default android does not let you. It more an less like running a windows device in administrator mode. If you want to read more about android rooting, then you can head to this post here, as we cannot discuss all the technicalities right here in this tutorial.
As said above, you get to perform many tweaks and customizations on your android device, so you can definitely use it to your own advantage. There are many tweaks that can be performed on your android device which a normal android user cannot, for example you could Play HD Games, overclock processor, increase the RAM, increase the internal memory, and also you could install Custom ROMs. And not only these there are many more tweaks and customizations possible when you root your device. You can get to know about more root only android tweaks on this category page here. And if you are looking forward to know about more advantages of rooting your android smartphone in detail, then you can refer to this post here.
Coming to the disadvantages of rooting your android smartphone, there are many of them but the most common one is that when you root an android device you will end up losing the manufacturers warranty that has been provided by the company on the device. Though nowadays many of the manufacturers do support rooting, but still most of them don’t. There are many more technical disadvantages of rooting an android smartphone, which you can read in this post here.
About this Tutorial:
There are so many tutorials out there by which you could root an android device, so it becomes important that how we really root an android device. In this post we will use a computer and run odin, which is a flash tool on not which will give us the root access, i.e. root Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8. Odin is a tool provided by Samsung it self for flashing things on your Samsung device, so you need not worry about the authenticity of this tutorial after all. Also this process has been tried and tested on the device and also in case note that if any damage occurs to the device, we won’t be responsible for it, so only proceed once you are completely confident about it.
Here are some things that you need to do before you can begin with the tutorial to root Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8. Below is a list that comprises of all those things. So make sure that you have them before you begin with the tutorial.
- Make sure that the device is properly charged, make it to 60 percent as you would not want that it should interrupt in the middle of the procedure.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode under the Developer Options.
- If you don’t find developer options in the settings, then you can tap on the build number of the device in the about section about 7 times.
- You will need a laptop or a computer for the same with the proper drivers installed for the device.
- You can download the drivers here.
- Backup the important data on the device, though it will not get deleted but still it is advisable that you backup to be on the safer side.
- Refer to the guides below if you do not know how to backup data on the device.
- Backup and Restore SMS and WhatsApp Chats
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- Lastly download the files from the download section below.
The first step in this procedure would be download the root package from the link. Given at the end of this section as it is really essential for the procedure to root Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8. As you can see that the links have been locked, so make sure that you unlock it as you won’t be able to use the link otherwise.
How to Root Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8:
Here are the steps and the instructions that you need to follow to root galaxy s5 g900w8. Also you need to make sure that you have gone through the previous sections of the post as well.
- Then extract the root package to get the root files to a suitable location on your computer.
- You now have to boot your phone into download mode. To do this, first turn off your phone and then press and hold the home button + power button + volume down button for about 10 seconds till you see a warning message on the screen with a yellow triangle. Then press the volume up button to continue.
- Now go to the folder where you extracted the files and launch the executable Odin file.
- Once Odin is launched, connect your phone in download mode to the computer using a USB cable. Odin will then automatically recognize your device and you will see an Added message on the lower left panel of the screen.
- Once the phone is successfully connected, click on the PDA field and select the CF-Auto-Root.tar file from the extracted root files.
- All you have to do now is to click on the Start button to begin the rooting process. The process usually takes about 50 seconds. Once the process is complete, your phone will automatically reboot following which you will see a Pass message on a green button in the Odin window.
- You can then disconnect your phone from the computer.
To make sure of the root, look for the SuperSU app in the app drawer. If you find this app, your phone has been successfully rooted.
So this is it, this was short post which helped you to root Galaxy S5 SM-G900W8 within one click. Also in case if you faced any errors or issues with the tutorial or any of the download links are broken then you can let us know in the form of comments below, and we would try to get back to you as soon as possible.