Warning: mysqli_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home1/enjqhtmy/public_html/rootmyandroid.org/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 3091
So are you looking to root your Galaxy S5 LTE SM-G906S? Well then you are the right place. Here is a tutorial that is go in to help you pretty easily and get you set up without any issues. So let us begin with rooting.
Before you Root Galaxy S5 LTE SM-G906S:
Before you begin and rush to root Galaxy S5 LTE SM-G906S in one click there are some things that you should be knowing, which are the basic things related to android rooting. You are expected to be knowing that what really are you going to do on the device. You should at least have an idea what android rooting really is and how it can affect your device and what changed it bring in. In case you already know about it and have been into rooting since a long time now, then of course you can skip this part of the tutorial without any second thought. But on the other hand if you are not well aware of it, then you should really invest some and have a little bit of look into it. You can read the brief paragraph below, as it will help you out to get the basic concepts in place for a start.
Android Rooting in the simplest of words is a method or process by which you gain the root access to the device, which in turn allows you to control your device better. It allows you to interfere in the core functioning of the device and perform performance tweaks on it. You can do many things and customizations when you root the device, which you definitely don’t get to do on a default android device. It more and less like running your windows pc on an administrator mow mode. In fact this very concept of android rooting is so long and big that we cannot discuss it all right here in this post, so if you wish to know more you can read this detailed post right here.
Of course as said above, you can perform many customizations and tweaks on the device which might increase the performance of the device and can prove to be advantageous to the device. To list a few tweaks that you can perform on the device, you could Custom ROMs, increase the RAM, overclock processor, increase the internal memory, and also you could Play HD Games. And not only this, there are many more tweaks that can be done when you root an android device too. Also if you are looking to read more in detail about the advantages of rooting your android smartphone, you can head to this post here.
As android rooting has many advantages, it does not imply that it won’t have any disadvantage. Android rooting has some disadvantages as well. Like the common one of them which many users also know about is, that. When you root an android device you tend to lose the warranty on the device that has been provided or given you by manufacturer. And not only this there are some other technical disadvantages of rooting your android phone too. If you want to read and know completely about the disadvantages of root in your android smartphone, then you can refer to this detailed post.
About the Tutorial:
In this tutorial we will toot galaxy s5 LTE with the help of odin. We will launch odin on a laptop or a computer and then we will be connecting the device with the help of a USB cable. We will flash a root package which will give us the root access on the device. Though this procedure might seem a bit long but it’s really easy and simple if you follow the instructions properly. Also it is really safe as odin is a tool from Samsung itself. Also the method has been tried and tested on the device too, so you need not worry.
You are also required to do some things before you begin with the tutorial to root Galaxy S5 LTE SM-G906S, and below is a list comprising of all this things. So have a look at them and get them in place before you begin with the tutorial.
- You will need a laptop or a computer for this one click tutorial, and proper drivers for the device set up on it.
- If you don’t have the drivers, you can download them from this place here.
- The device should be properly charged before you begin with the tutorial as we do not want that it should interrupt in the middle of the procedure due to low power.
- Though rooting does not delete any of the user data, but still it is advised that you backup all the important stuff on the device before you begin.
- You can refer to the guides mentioned below.
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup and Restore SMS and WhatsApp Chats
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode by navigating into the Developer Options.
- If you do not see any Developer Options, go ahead and tap on the Build Number in the About Section 7 times.
- Lastly, download the files, that is the root tool from the download section below.
The first step in this procedure would be to download the root package from the download link given below as it is essential for the procedure to root galaxy s5 LTE. Make sure you do things mentioned in the box before as you will have to unlock the download link in the first place.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE SM-G906S:
Here are the instructions that you need to follow to root s5 LTE. and to remind you once again, make sure that you need to go through the previous sections of the post, and also download the stuff from the link given in the download section.
- Extract the root package to get the root files to a suitable location on your computer.
- You now have to boot your phone into download mode. To do this, first turn off your phone and then press and hold the home button + power button + volume down button for about 10 seconds till you see a warning message on the screen with a yellow triangle. Then press the volume up button to continue.
- Now go to the folder where you extracted the files and launch the executable Odin file.
- Once Odin is launched, connect your phone in download mode to the computer using a USB cable. Odin will then automatically recognize your device and you will see an Added message on the lower left panel of the screen.
- Once the phone is successfully connected, click on the PDA field and select the CF-Auto-Root.tar file from the extracted root files.
- All you have to do now is to click on the Start button to begin the rooting process. The process usually takes about 50 seconds.
- Once the process is complete, your phone will automatically reboot following which you will see a Pass message on a green button in the Odin window.
- You can then disconnect your phone from the computer.
To make sure of the root, look for the SuperSU app in the app drawer. If you find this app, your phone has been successfully rooted.
Read: Things to do after Rooting android device
So this is it, you have finally successfully rooted Galaxy S5 LTE SM-G906S one click easily and within minutes. It was as easy as that. Also note that if you got stuck at any one of the step then you can get to us in the form of comments below and we would try to get back to you as soon as possible.