Warning: mysqli_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home1/enjqhtmy/public_html/rootmyandroid.org/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 3091
Here is a post that will help you root Galaxy Note 2 within a few click on the computer and easily in minutes, without having you to manually entering any commands or anything like that. So let’s begin already.
Before you Root Galaxy Note 2:
You should be having or knowing that what are you really doing to the device. You should at least have a basic knowledge that what really android rooting is and the things related to it. If you already know about it then you can skip this part of the tutorial and move onto the next one. But on the other hand if you really think that you have or need a to know about it more, then you should definitely invest some time in reading about it. You can refer to some the brief info written below explaining general things about it.
Android Rooting in general is referred to the process when you get the root access to the device shock in turn allows you to enhance and modify the functioning of the device. When you have the root access, you are able to control the device better than ever before. You are more like a super user of the device where you can control many system processes and the way your android device works. Of course these all things, you cannot do any android device by defaults. It lets you perform many tweaks and customizations on the device which any user simply cannot. This was just a brief info, and it is normal that you still want to read more bout rooting and so to do that, you can get to the detailed post explaining rooting android here.
Since android rooting allows. You to perform tweaks and customizations on the device, you can use it to your advantage. By that you can increase the performance of the device and what not. To list a few tweaks that can be performed, you could Play HD Games, overclock processor, increase the RAM, increase the internal memory, and also you could install Custom ROMs. And not only this there are many more tweaks out there that can be done and benefited from once you root your android. To browse those tweaks, see this list here. And if on the other hand you want to read about more advantages of rooting your android smartphone, read this post here.
Unfortunately android rooting has some of the disadvantages a well. The most common disadvantage of rooting is that you lose the warranty on the device. And then also not only this, there are many more disadvantages of rooting. You can refer todisadvantages of rooting if you wish to read and gather more knowledge about it.
About this Tutorial:
In this tutorial we will root galaxy note 2 with the help of odin which is a flash tool provided by Samsung. Odin has been provided by Samsung itself for flashing purposes. We will flash the root package on the device which will give us the root access. Now this maybe the longest tutorial to root the device but it is really safe and has been tried and tested on the device. But we would not be responsible for any damage caused to the device so proceed at your own risk.
Before you begin to root Galaxy Note 2, here are some things that you need to do. Below is a list of those things, so have them done before you proceed further.
- First of all, enable the USB Debugging Mode on you device, by going into the Developer Options.
- If Developer Options for your device aren’t activated yet, you can do that by tapping on the Build Number in the About Section of the device 7 times.
- Get a computer or a laptop, as it is required and also proper drivers setup on it.
- To download the drivers for your device, you can use this page.
- Charge the device properly, to at least sixty percent so that it does not stop you in the middle and ask to plug in power.
- Though rooting does not delete any of the user data, still you should backup all your important stuff on the device as a precautionary measure.
- Refer to these guides to backup the data, if you do not know how to do it.
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- Backup and Restore SMS and WhatsApp Chats
- You also need to download the files from the download section below.
Before we start with the rooting process, you will first be needed to download some rooting essentials on your computer from the below mentioned links. And also before you can use the links below, you would have to unlock them by performing any of the mentioned tasks below.
How to Root Galaxy Note 2:
So here are the step by step instructions that you need to follow so to begin with the procedure to root note 2. Now before you begin once again make sure that you gone through the previous sections, have the things mentioned in the pre requisites and other things too.
- Download the above linked files on your computer and extract them to a suitable location.
- Go to Settings > Developer Options and check the box next to USB Debugging.
- Now boot your phone into the download mode by first turning it off and then holding and pressing the home key + power key + volume down button together for about 10 seconds.
- Release them when you see a warning message with a yellow triangle sign on the screen.
- Then briefly press volume up button to continue.
- Now launch the executable Odin file on the computer and connect your phony to the computer.
- If the device is connected properly, you will see an Added message and the ID:COM button will turn blue.
- Once the device is successfully connected, click on the AP field and select theCF-Auto-Root-t0lte-t0ltexx-gtn7105.tar.md5 file from the extracted files.
- Check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options and make sure Re-Partition option is unchecked.
- Now click on the Start button to start the rooting process.
- This will begin the rooting process. Once the process is complete, you will see Pass written on a green button following which your phone will automatically restart.
- To make sure of the root, you can download the Root Checker app from the Google Play Store and use the app to check whether your phone has been successfully rooted or not
This was it, you have rooted Galaxy Note 2 and if you faced any errors in the middle of the procedure or any other issue like the download links not working, then you can get to us in the form of comments below and we will try to get back to you as soon as possible. So this is it, I guess this post helps you.