You own o Nokia X and fed up of the so monotonous software Nokia put in? Want to change the looks and control and tweak your device better than ever before? So why not root Nokia X, and install some custom ROMs and do much of the stuff. So this post goes out for the Nokia X users.
Before you Root Nokia X:
There a few things that you need to know about rooting before you start with the procedure to root Nokia X. If you have a basic knowledge of rooting , then you can of course skip this part, but if you asre trying to root your device, because the cool geek friend of yours told to do so, and you have no knowledge about this. You should first have a basic idea of what android rooting actually is.
Android Rooting is a procedure by which you gain the administrator rights of your device. There are many things in your device that you cannot control. But once you root your device, you can control almost anything of your device. Like you can change any setting of the device. To read more about android rooting, click here.
Now, android rooting of course has many advantages. When you root your devices, you are able to perform many root only tweaks on your device. Like you can increase the RAM , increase the internal memory of canvas knight, Play HD Games, you can install Custom ROMs and perform many more tweaks. And not only this, practically there are so many advantages of rooting that they cannot be completely discussed in this post itself. If you wish to know more, read advantages of android rooting.
Now every thing in this world comes with a set of advantages as well as disadvantages too. Now when you root your phone, there is also a set of disadvantages that come along with the advantages. Like when you root your device, you void the warranty of your device. Also the customer care people do not interfere with the device any more. Also if you do not know anything, and you try to act over smart and in the case end up following the wrong tutorial or doing any step wrong, you might be bricking your device. To read about more disadvantages of android rooting click here.
So now i guess you have atleast a basic idea of android rooting, it’s advantages and disadvantages also. You you are not ready to root Nokia X.
Before we start the procedure to root Nokia X, here are a few things that you wil need.
- Make sure the device is atleast 70-80 percent charged as you do not want the device to die in the middle of the process due to lack of power.
- Also before beginning with this tutorial, make sure you have installed CWM recovery on Nokia X.
- Though following this tutorial will not delete any of your data, still it is advisable that you backup all of you rdata. If you do not know how to backup your data, read the guides below.
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- Backup and Restore SMS
- Enable the USB debugging mode of the phone, you can do that by navigating into the settings.
- Download the files below from the download section.
Now download these files, as they will be required in the procedure to root nokia x.
Root Nokia X:
- Place the Nokia toolkit you downloaded from the link above.
- Turn the phone into the USB Debugging mode, and then connect it to the computer or laptop wherever you have placed the Root toolkit for Nokia X.
- Now when you launch the toolkit, you will see a window as shown below.
- Select the option 21.
- Now the toolkit will work, and some processes will carry on, and after that, it will boot into the CWM mode.
- Now navigate to Mounts And Storage –> Mount System.
- Then choose the option flash Zip from SD Card.
- And there will be a file named as Superuser in the zipped format, you need to select that file.
- After flashing it, reboot the device.
- The phone before rebooting will ask you to fix the CWM, select NO option.
- And then the device will reboot.
- And that’s it.
Also read: 11 things to do after you root your device
So this was a short tutorial on how to root Nokia X. I hope this helped. If you faced any problems or errors in the procedure, or the downalod links do not work, please comment below. We will try to fix it soon.