Warning: mysqli_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home1/enjqhtmy/public_html/rootmyandroid.org/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 3091
If you want to root your moto E, you have come to the right place. Moto E as we know is a great device, and has so much to offer at that price tag. It beats every other smartphone in it’s price range at the moment of time. But still the device cannot perform too good, and if you are looking to increase it’s productivity, off course you ca n root moto e and perform some tweaks and have the benefit like the icing on the cake.
Before you Root Moto E:
There are a few things that you need to know about rooting, before you root your moto E. If you are not a begginer and have earlier not rooted phones, and know of the concept you can surely skip this part, but if you are a first timer, or a beginner, I suggest you should atleast give it a read.
First of all, there are many things in your android device, like the system processes, and much more which you cannot control. But once you root your device, you have the power to control everything about your device, give root permissions to any app, and perform many tweaks with the help of it, like changing the clock speed of the processor, and all. It is like running your phone in the administrator mode, as you do in your PC. The topic is so big that it cannot be discussed here on this post, as many users are here to root moto e, and we cannot deviate from the topic. So you read more about Android Rooting here.
So Rooting your android phone can be advantageous, as you perform many tweaks like you can increase the RAM , ncrease the internal memory of canvas knight, Play HD Games, you can install Custom ROMs on your device and much more. To read about more advantages of android rooting head here.
Not only advantageous rooting your android phone, can be disadvantageous as well in some cases. Like you can void your warranty, ad also if not follow the tutorial properly you might brick your device. Read about more disadvantages here.
So now you have a proper knowledge of both the possible outcomes once you root Moto E. So if you still want to root it, you can follow this simple tutorial.
Here are a few things that you will need before you start with the procedure to root moto e, so keep these in place.
- First of all enable the USB Debugging mode, you can do that going into the settings of your moto e.
- Keep in mind that the device has atleast 80 percent of battery, as you would not want the phone to go off due to low power in ht emiddle of the process.
- A Computer or a Laptop with all drivers installed.
- Also when you root or unlock bootloader of moto e, you might lose your data on the phone. So it is advisable that you first make a backup and then start.
- If you do no know how to do it, you can follow our guides.
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup and Restore SMS
- Also download all the required files for the procedure to root moto e, that are given below in the download section.
Download these files given below, as they will be required in the procedure to root Moto E.
Unlock Bootloader of Moto E:
Before you root moto e , you need to unlock the bootloader of moto e, and you can do that by following the steps below.
- From the files that you have downloaded, you will be needing the mfastbootv-2 file for the unlocking of bootloader of moto E and extract it to a folder.
- And then you need to hit this link.
- The Mototorla website will tell you to prompt you to download the Android SDK. But you do not need to do it, as you can use the Flashboot file, whose link we have given in the download section too.
- And now the website will guide you step by step and make you unlock bootloader of Moto E.
- Also keep in mind, that Unlocking the Bootloader will also void your warranty.
And then when you are finally over with the process, you will be done with unlocking bootloader of Moto E. Now you can procedd to the next part of the tutorial, that will guide you to Root Moto E.
Root Moto E:
Follow the steps below to root your moto E.
- Now after you are done, with the unlocking the bootloader of Moto E, and have downloaded all the files.
- Now rename the recovery file to recovery-twrp.img and move it to the same folder where you extracted the fastboot file in the previous part.
- And place the SUPERSU file in the internal memory of the device.
- And then you need to connect the device to PC, and Reboot the device into the bootloader mode, and you can do that by pressing the Volume Down+Power button for about 6-7 seconds.
- Now navigate to the directory as in Step 1 and Do Shift+RightClick in empty space in the folder without selecting anything and then you need to select open a command and then type in the following code written below to root moto e.
fastboot boot recovery-twrp.img
- Now select install, and navigate to the SUPERSU file you placed onto the memory of the phone.
- And then confirm, and then wait for the phone to complete the installation procedure, and when it completes reboot it and you’re done.
Also read: 11 things to do after you root your device
This was a short tutorial on how to root moto E, with just a few clicks. I hope you found it easy, and in case you face any issues while rooting moto e, do comment below, or contact us, we will try to reach you and fix the problem soon. I hope it helped. 🙂