Looking for a way to root Nexus 4 E960? This tutorial will help you get started pretty easily and quickly, and also you will not even be requiring a pc for that. So you could root the device within minutes, and look forward to the tweaks and the customizations you wanted to perform on the device.
Before you Root Nexus 4 E960:
Before you root Nexus 4 E960, and begin with the procedure there are some things that you should be knowing about, before you proceed. You should be having a basic knowledge about android rooting, and the stuff related to it. As you should be having a complete idea of what are you actually doing to your android device, and how it might benefit you, or also in some cases disadvantage you. Now if you are already well informed about all those things, then you can skip this part and move onto the next section of the tutorial, but on the other hand if you are a first timer, or a newbie, and don’t know about much of the concepts in the first place, then you should really consider researching about it a bit.
Android Rooting is a method by which you become the super user of the device. You become the super user, and are able to perform, many things on the device which you would not be able to do otherwise. It is like having to make the device work according to you, even by interfering in the default system processes and other related things. In a nutshell you become the administrator of the device, like in Windows, but here you have much more control over the device. To sum it up, to control your device across the barriers that android puts, and experiencing the real open source environment, rooting enters. To read about more, go to What is Android Rooting?
Since after rooting your android device, you are able to perform tweaks and customizations on your device, you could easily use it to your advantage. To list a few tweaks that can be performed, you could, install Custom ROMs, increase the RAM,increase the internal memory, Play HD Games, and also you could overclock processor. And not only this, there are plenty of more and other exciting tweaks as well, you can view it from the list here. Now also if you wish to know in more detail about the advantages of rooting your android device, you can read this post here.
Not only advantages, rooting your android device, has some disadvantages as well. Also many of you must be knowing about it as well, that when you rooting your android device, you lose the warranty on the device, that has been provided by the manufacturer of the device. Though in some cases, manufacturers, do support rooting, but still majority of them still don’t. So that is still a con of rooting your device. Apart from this, there are other major disadvantages too, but they are quite technical, and we cannot discuss them right here in this post, and if you wish to know them, you should click here and read the detailed post explaining them.
About this Tutorial:
In this tutorial we will be using an application which will be getting isn’t gentile access on the device. So as to root nexus 4 we will be installing the app on the device with the help of apk file that you have to download from the section below. Also note that this is a really easy and safe method to root a device.
There are some things that you would be required to do in first, and before you begin with the procedure to root Nexus 4 E960, and below is a list that contains all those things. Go through the list, once and get them done first.
- Enable the installation of apps from Unknown Sources, which can be one under the Security in the Settings.
- Make sure that the device is properly charged, so that it does not interrupt you in the middle of the procedure, and ask you to connect the charger in the middle.
- You should make a secure backup of your data on the device before you begin, though it will not get deleted by following this tutorial, it is better to be on the safer side.
- Follow these guides to backup your important data.
- Backup and Restore SMS and WhatsApp Messages
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Download the files from the Download Section below, as they are essential for the procedure to root.
Before we begin with the rooting, make sure the device is at least 60% charged.
Download the Super-Root.apk file for the Nexus 4 E960 from the link below as irons really essential for the procedure to root.
How to Root LG Nexus 4 E960:
So finally here are the steps and the instructions that you are required to follow for the procedure to root lg nexus 4.
- Connect the phone to the computer and copy the Super-Root.apk file to the root of the SD card in your phone.
- Once done, disconnect the phone from the computer and head to Settings > Developer Options and check the box next to Unknown Sources.
- This will allow the installation of third party apps on your phone.
- Now open the file manager on your phone and head to the root of the SD card and install the Super-Root.apk file.
- Go to the app drawer and launch the SuperRoot app from there.
- Select Install SuperSU option from the first drop down menu that appears in the app.
- The click on the Exploit option.
- This will start rooting your device. Once this process is complete, reboot it and it should be rooted.
- To make sure of the root, look for the SuperSU app in the app drawer of the phone.
- If this app is installed, your phone is successfully rooted.
- You can also download the Root Checker app from the Play Store to confirm the same.
That’s it, you’re done with the procedure and you have finally rooted Nexus 4 E960 without PC, and within a few clicks. Note that if you faced any issue with any of the steps mentioned above, or any other problem with the tutorial, do get to us, and contact us, and we would fix it as soon as possible.