Warning: mysqli_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home1/enjqhtmy/public_html/rootmyandroid.org/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 3091
Samsung had released the Galaxy pocket Neo, quite a bit of time ago. And if you’re experiencing lags and also having experience of slowed device. And this very thing is quite natural. But you could well deal with the problem once you root pocket Neo.
Before you Root Galaxy Pocket Neo:
There are many things that you need to know before you begin to root galaxy pocket neo. Things like the basic concepts of rooting. In case you are well aware if what rooting is, then this part has no significance for you and you should skip this without any second thought. But if this is your first time and you are a beginner, then you must definitely give it a read.
Android Rooting in the most simple words, gives you the complete control of the device. And you decide what has to be performed, and you interfere in the core functioning of the device. It is more and less like running a windows in the administrator mode, but with more control and also more access in your hands. And when you get this root access, you can do wonders with it. To know more about android rooting, refer to this post.
As said above, android rooting would help you to perform many tweaks on the device. And not only that there are so many other advantages of rooting your android phone. But performing tweaks that can improve your experience with your phone are at the top. To list a few, you can delete the bloatware, , increase the internal memory, Play HD Games, increase the RAM and also you could perform overclocking the processor in android. And not only these, there are so many other tweaks that can be performed when you root. The list is so big that it cannot be covered here, and you could read it here. So these were the advantages of rooting your android phone.
Not only the advantages there are many disadvantages when you root you device too. When you root it, you tend to lose the manufacturer’s warranty. And not only this there are many other disadvantages of rooting too, which you can read here.
So after you have analyzed the advantages and the disadvantages, you are ready to root galaxy pocket neo and install cwm on it.
About this Tutorial:
Here is a brief paragraph of what will be we found in this tutorial. As in of course we will be rooting galaxy pocket neo, but as you known there are so many methods to get the root access, or in other words to root your device. Here specifically we will be flashing cwm recovery on pocket neo with the help of Odin, which is a flashing tool provided itself by Samsung. And then using the CWM recovery, which is a third party recovery we will be rooting the device by flashing the SuperSU.zip file. And this is how we will gain the root access in the pocket Neo. Frankly speaking this is not the fastest way around, but it is the most traditional way to root your device and also the benefit is twice fold. As you flash a recovery which would help you further in flashing more zipped packages in future, or even custom ROMs.
Before we begin the tutorial here is a list of things that need to be done in the first place. So make sure that get these done before hand, you root galaxy pocket Neo.
- The device should be at least 60 percent charged as we do not want that the device should interrupt in the middle of the procedure once we start it.
- A laptop or a computer will be required with the proper drivers installed for the device.
- If you do nit have them, get the drivers here.
- Rooting does not delete any user data, but still it is advisable that you backup your important stuff before you begin.
- Refer to our guides, in case you don’t have clue about backing up data.
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- Also download the files from the download section below.
Here below are download links, from which you need to download the files as they are essential to help you root galaxy pocket Neo.
How to Root Galaxy Pocket Neo:
So here are the step by step instructions that would help you to root galaxy pocket Neo and install CWM. So let the rooting begin.
- Download the above given files from the download links provided onto your desktop or laptop.
- Install the Samsung device drivers on to your computer or laptop that you’ll be using for the rooting process.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone by navigating in to Settings > Developer options and check the box right next to USB debugging. If the Developer options have not been enabled, do so by clicking on the build number 8-10 times and then enable USB debugging.
- Place the rooting package in the root of the SD card of your phone.
- Extract the Odin file package and run Odin.exe on your computer.
- Boot your phone into download mode by first turning it off and then turning it on by pressing and holding the Home key + Power button + Volume down key together for about 10 seconds. Your phone will then boot into the download mode.
- Connect the phone and the laptop using a USB cable.
- If the phone has been connected properly, you wil see that your phone has been added in the Odin window.
- Click on the PDA field and choose the CWM recovery tar file that you downloaded earlier.
- Click on start which will start flashing the CWM recovery to your phone. Once the process is complete, you will see a green pass button. The recovery has now been flashed to your phone.
- Disconnect the phone from the USB cable and turn it off. Now turn it on by pressing and holding the Home button + Volume up key + Power button together for about 8 seconds. Your phone will boot into the recovery mode.
- Once in recovery mode, navigate using the volume buttons to the Install zip from SD card and use the power button to select. Then select the option Choose zip from SD card and choose the root package that you placed I the root of the SD card. Say yes to any prompts and your phone will be rooted.
So this was a short post that helped you root pocket neo and install cwm on it. In case you face any problem try disconnecting and then connecting again and also rechecking your drivers. But still if it does not solve, comment below or contact us, we would try to get back to you with a solution as soon as possible. 😉