Warning: mysqli_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home1/enjqhtmy/public_html/rootmyandroid.org/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 3091
Looking for some ways to root HTC thunderbolt? Well this post could help you out. As it will help you root the de I’d without any of the troubles and errors. So let’s begin.
Before you Root HTC Thunderbolt:
There are some basic things that you should be knowing about before you begin with the procedure or the tutorial to root HTC thunderbolt. You should be having a basic knowledge about android rooting and the stuff related to it. If you are pro and have been rooting devices dine a long time now, then you can skip this part of the tutorial and if not, you should read more about it and get a basic knowledge about this stuff.
Android rooting is a method by which you can get more access to the device to it’s core functions. Hence the name root access. You are able to manually override the system defaults which by default android does not allow you to. You can perform many hardcore tweaks as well, control the device as you please. All in all you are the complete super user of your android phone. If you still want to read more about android rooting and the stuff related to it, you can read a detailed post what is android rooting?
As said above when you root you get to control the device fully and perform many tweaks on it, then definitely it cab be used as an advantage. To list a few tweaks you could increase the RAM, increase the internal memory, Custom ROMs, overclock processor, and also you could Play HD Games. And not only these there are many other tweaks possible too, which you read here. If you want to know about more advantages of rooting your android phone, go here.
But android rooting is not all about advantages, it has some disadvantages as well. Many of you might be already knowing that when you root your device you tend to lose the manufacturers warranty that comes with the device. If you want to know about more disadvantaged, you can read this post here.
About this Tutorial:
Since there are tons of ways by which you can root your HTC thunderbolt, let us have a sneak peak that what we will be really doing in this tutorial and exactly which method are we going to follow in this one. We will root the device with the help of command prompt by connecting it to a computer and then finally we will use it. We will surely need a proper laptop or a computer for this tutorial along with a USB cable. This method is quite complex so I assume users might not want to miss any of the steps in the instructions or they might get stuck on the other hand the method is tested and is completely safe. So you can without any tension use it to root your thunderbolt.
Below is a list of things that you need to pay attention to first, and get them done before you start the procedure to root HTC thunderbolt. So go through it for once.
- Make sure that you have charged the device properly to at least sixty percent as we do not want it to interrupt in the middle of the procedure.
- A laptop or a computer is needed with the proper drivers installed for the device.
- If you do not have them, you can download them from here.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in the developer options.
- This tutorial will not delete any of the user data, but still you should make a secure backup before you begin.
- If you do not know how to do it, you can refer to the guides given below.
- Backup and Restore SMS
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- Download the files below from the download section.
Before we begin with the rooting process, you will need to download some rooting essentials on your computer. Download them from the links attached below. But before you can hit the download button you will have to unlock them by doing any of the one mentioned things below.
Old official Thunderbolt Firmware (Rename to PG05IMG.zip)
How to Root HTC Thunderbolt:
Finally here are the step by step instructions that you need to follow so as to root HTC thunderbolt easily, but once again make sure that you have performed the things given in the pre requisite section and also downloaded the necessary files.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your phone by going into Menu > Settings > Applications > Developer.
- Now go to the folder where you extracted the rooting toolkit and launch a command prompt window by holding down the shift key and right clicking any empty space and then clicking on ‘open command prompt here’. Once the command prompt window opens, type in the following commmands :
adb push psneuter /data/local/
adb push busybox /data/local/
adb push su /sdcard/su
adb push misc.img /sdcard/
chmod 777 /data/local/psneuter chmod 777 /data/local/busybox /data/local/psneuter
- These commands will take you out of ADB and it will then restart as root. Now it is time to confirm the MD5 of misc.img which will be done by typing in the following command:
adb shell /data/local/busybox md5sum /sdcard/misc
You should get c88dd947eb3b36eec90503a3525ae0de as the output. If you get any other code, try downloading the files again and repeating the process.
- The next step requires you to write the custom misc.img to the phone.do this by typing in the following command:
dd if=/sdcard/misc.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 exit
- Now transfer the PG05IMG.zip file to the SD card of your phone following which enter the following command :
abt reboot bootloader
- This will boot your device into bootloader and the system will start checking the image. After it is done checking, it will ask you to press the volume up button to continue or volume down button to exit. Press volume up button and continue. This will begin the installation.
- After the installation is complete, press the power button when prompted to reboot the device.
- Go to the SD card of your phone and delete the PG05IMG.zip file you earlier copied.
- Go to Settings > Applications and enable tie unknown sources option.
- Next enter the following commands in the command prompt window :
adb push psneuter /data/local/
adb push busybox /data/local/
chmod 777 /data/local/psneuter
chmod 777 /data/local/busybox /data/local/psneuter mount -o remount,rw -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p25 /system /data/local/busybox cp /sdcard/su /system/xbin/su
chmod 4777 /system/xbin/su
chown 0:0 /system/xbin/su
- Go to the Play Store and install the SuperSU app.
- Reboot your phone and your phone is now successfully rooted.
So this was a short post that helped you to root HTC thunderbolt, and if in case you face any errors you can contact us and we will try to resolve any issues as soon as possible.