Warning: mysqli_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home1/enjqhtmy/public_html/rootmyandroid.org/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 3091
Here is a tutorial that ROM help you to reply HTC Incredible S easily within minutes, without having any errors. And you can increase the performance of the device and perform some decent customization a on the device and improve your android experience and take it to a whole new level. So what are you waiting for?
Before you Root HTC Incredible S:
Before you begin the rooting procedure of HTC Incredible S, you should be knowing that what really are going to perform on the device and what significance it really has. To begin with, if you are a complete newbie and don’t know much about the stuff related to android rooting, then we advise you to invest some time in understanding the basic concepts first. But on the other hand if you are a experienced user and have been into rooting since quite a bit of time now, then you could skip this part and jump on to the next section of the tutorial.
Android Rooting is a procedure by which you gain the root access to the device which in turn means that you are able to control the device better than ever before. The control comes completely in the users hand and it is up to you that how you moderate the system processes to make the device work. All in all you become the Super user once you root the device. You are able to perform many customizations and tweaks to personalize the decide to a whole new level. You can change many system processes according to your preferences and working of the device. In fact this was just a brief intro of rooting, and if in case you need to read more, you can read this beginner’s guide to rooting.
As said above there are many ways by which you could perform the tweaks on the device and also customize it according to your personal preferences. To list a few tweaks that you could perform on the device after rooting is, you could overclock processor, Custom ROMs, Play HD Games, increase the internal memory, and also you could increase the RAM. Also not only this, there tons and to a of other tweaks that you can perform on your android device after you root it which you can see here in this list. Also If you wish to know about the advantages of rooting in more detail, you can refer to this post here.
Also along with the common advantages that come along when you reply your android device, there are a bunch of disadvantages as well. The most common one of them is when you root your device you might lose the manufacturers warranty. Though nowadays many manufacturers provide with rooting support but still majority of them don’t including HTC. Read this detailed post about disadvantaged of rooting your android phone here.
About the Tutorial:
As there are so many methods out there to root HTC incredible a, let’s have a look at what method will we be using to get the root access in brief. In this tutorial we will use a laptop or a computer to trigger the recovery installed on the device. And once we have that access to the recovery, then we will be flashing the root package which will in turn give us the root access to incredible s. This method has been tried and tested and you would be facing no errors whilst performing the procedure. Also the chances of bricking your device, provided the model number are the same are very less.
There are some things that you need to do before you begin with the procedure to root HTC incredible S. And hence below is a list of things, named as pre requisites. So go through them for once and have them done in the first place.
- Make sure that the device is charged to at least 60 percent as we do not want that the device should interrupt in the middle of the procedure.
- You will need a laptop or a computer for the procedure.
- Also proper drivers for the device are needed to be set up on the computer or laptop.
- You can download the driver’s right from this link here.
- Though following the instructions in this method to root incredible s won’t delete any of the user data on the device, but still you are advised to backup all the data as a precautionary measure.
- You can refer to the guides below, they will help you to backup data in the decide.
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup and Restore SMS
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- Make sure that you have enabled the USB debugging Mode in the Developer Options of the device.
- If you don’t see developer options in the Settings, then tap on the build number 7 times in the About Section of the device.
- Lastly download the files from the link given in the download section below.
Download the files below from the download links below as they will be required in the procedure to root HTC incredible S. But before you hit the download button, you will have to unlock the download links by performing any of the tasks mentioned below.
How to Root HTC Incredible S:
So here are the final instructions that you would need to root HTC incredible s. But before we start with the rooting process, we will first need to check whether your phone is S-OFF or S-ON. To do this, follow the following steps :
- On your phone head to Menu > Settings > Applications > Turn off fast boot.
- Now turn off your phone and then press and hold the volume down key + power key for a few seconds till you see a white screen with some options.
- Check the first line to see whether it is S-OFF or S-ON. Also note the number next to H-Boot as you will be needing this later.
- We now proceed to rooting and turning your phone to S-OFF.
- Download the Windows version of the Revolutionary tool from revolutionary.io and extract the files to a suitable location on your computer. Also remember not to close the browser windows yet.
- Now connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable. Remember to enable the USB debugging before connecting it by going into Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- Now go to the folder where you extracted the Revolutionary tool riled and right click on the revolutionary.exe file and then click on ‘Run as administrator’.
- Take note of the key you see next and fill this key in the Revolutionary browser window. Also fill in the HBoot key. This will generate a new key.
- Now fill newly generated key in the Serial Number field.
- Once you do this, it will ask you whether you want to flash Clockwork. Type in “Y” to continue.
- Now reboot your phone and once again check whether it has been changed to S-OFF. We hope it has. If not, repeat the steps again.
- Now download the download file onto your computer.
- Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable and copy the file to the root of the SD card in your phone.
- Now disconnect the phone from the cable and turn it off.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding the volume down button + power button till you see a menu. Then select the Recovery option.
- Once in recovery mode, select the ‘Install zip from sd card’ option and then the ‘Choose zip from sd card’ option.
- Then select the su-3.0-efgh-signed.zip file from the root of the SD card and click yes to any further prompts.
If everything goes as planned, your phone should be rooted. To make sure or the root, look for the SuperSU app in the app drawer of your phone or download the Root Checker app from the Play Store.