do you want to root HTC EVO 4G ? If Yes Then this is the right place as we have a very simple tutorial on how to root HTC EVO 4G. This post goes for the people who own the best phone for 4G connectivity and wanna root and unlock the power of the android powered phone. The Only thing that the phone is still remembered is that the android powered smart phone is still the best at its 4G connectivity.
Read more here about how to root HTC EVO 4G !
Why Do you need to Root HTC EVO 4G ?
Before you know why you need to root your precious EVO 4G you must Know What is Android Rooting.
While rooting HTC EVO 4G will let gain you super user access. Just saying gaining super user access is very simple but actually we mean gaining all access over your smartphone than just getting restricted access to the phone as prescribed by the manufacturer. One can install Apps that need Root Access. When talking about Ram Xpander app it can help you increase RAM and internal memory of your HTC EVO 4G. As internal memory and RAM are 2 big issues that keeps the phone lack behind. But really when it comes to battery , also the phone is very bad at it. Apps like SetCPU can be used to increase battery backup
Also Read About Some Must Have Applications after you root HTC EVO 4G
Before You Root HTC EVO 4G & install CWM
- Make sure that you backup all your data. As when we root some times if something goes wrong(and it is a very rare case), but if it does then we have a backup to restore with. Read the next point for the tutorials of how to bakup different things !
- Backup your SMS. Read : Backup and Restore SMS This is a very nice an simple tutorial on how to backp and restore contacts in case you save your contact inside your phone rather tha in your SIM card.
- Backup your contacts. Read: Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup apps installed on your phone too. Read: Backup Apps for Unrooted Phones.
- Also make sure that your phone is charged at least 90% so that it does not goes of in the middle of the Root HTC EVO 4G& install CWM process. Also be sure that your computer is set off with the antivirus and firewalls, the cable with the specific drivers must be ready. Get USB Drivers for HTC EVO 4G. having problem while installing Drivers on PC go through How to install Drivers on Windows 7 PC.
- Set Debugging Mode on through Settings>Developers.and hen check the box.
- This is a tested and purely safe Rooting guide for HTC EVO 4G but still if something goes wrong then We are not responsible for any kind of damage to your device.
Also Read About Risks and disadvantages of Rooting HTC EVO 4G.
Assuming the instructions above are followed we move further to root HTC EVO 4G and install CWM over it.
Also Read: Increase Internal Memory with SD Card
Root HTC EVO 4G | Easy Rooting Guide
- PLease Download the Root package as it is really necessary for rooting HTC EVO 4G
Root Package (Download from Download Here section)
- Download and place the Root Package file onto your Desktop if you wanna root your HTC EVO 4G.
- Extract files from the Root Package to your Desktop. Make sure that you’ve fastboot.exe file on your Desktop.
- Turn OFF your HTC EVO 4G
- Just press and hold Volume DOWN+Power buttons together and you should enter the bootloader mode of your HTC EVO 4G.
- From the bootloader menu, select the Fastboot option using the Power button.
- Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
- Now Press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and right-click on any empty area on the screen and choose Open command window here.
- The Above Step will Open a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop.
- Enter the following command into the Command Prompt Window you just opened:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-supersonic-v2.3.img
You need to wait till it finishes flashing the custom recovery on your device.
- On your device, select the Bootloader option using the Power button.
- You now have a few options on your screen, choose the Recovery option.
- From the Recovery menu, choose USB-MS toggle option.
- Your device will be shown as a disk drive on your PC. Transfer the CWM-SuperSU-v0.87.zip file you extracted from the Root Package to the root folder of your device’s SD card storage.
- Now, from the Recovery menu, choose Flash zip from sdcard option followed by Choose zip from sdcard.
- Head to the folder where you transferred the file in Step-13, select it for flashing.
- Reboot your device after the file has been flashed.
Verify that the device is successfully rooted or not, with the help the Root Checker App.
As you have rooted your HTC EVO 4G now you can have the best out of your android phone. Just go through the Apps in the link below which are necessary for a rooted HTC EVO 4G
Also Contact us if you have some issues in Rooting your device in Comments !
This was how to Root HTC EVO 4G
Incoming Search Terms
- Root My EVO 4G
- Rooting an HTC EVO
- Jailbreak HTC EVO 4G
- How to Root the EVO
- How to Root Your EVO
- HTC EVO 4G Root Installer
- how to root htc evo 4g lte sprint
- how to root htc evo 4g boost mobile
- how to root htc evo 4g 2.3.5 on mac
- how to root htc evo 4g design
- how to root htc evo 4g without computer