If you are looking to root Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus then you are at the right place. Here is a short tutorial that will help you to root the device with the help of one click software in which you would have to just follow the simple set of instructions below and not need to give any manual commands. So let’s begin.
Before you Root Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus:
Before you begin with the procedure to root Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus, you should be knowing about the basic concepts related to android rooting. If you are well aware of it and have been into then rooting of android phone since quite a bit of time now, then you can skip this part of the tutorial and jump to the next section. Also on the other hand if you are not aware of it more, then you should take out some time and research a bit about it. You can refer to the small introductory part below.
Android Rooting is a procedure by which you gain the special authority to control your device better than ever before, which includes interfering in the system processes and also performing many tweaks and customizations on it. It makes you the super user of the device and you are to grant special access to the device and also perform performance tweaks on it which by default android does not let you. It more an less like running a windows device in administrator mode. If you want to read more about android rooting, then you can head to this post here, as we cannot discuss all the technicalities right here in this tutorial.
As said above, you get to perform many tweaks and customizations on your android device, so you can definitely use it to your own advantage. There are many tweaks that can be performed on your android device which a normal android user cannot, for example you could Play HD Games, overclock processor, increase the RAM, increase the internal memory, and also you could install Custom ROMs. And not only these there are many more tweaks and customizations possible when you root your device. You can get to know about more root only android tweaks on this category page here. And if you are looking forward to know about more advantages of rooting your android smartphone in detail, then you can refer to this post here.
Coming to the disadvantages of rooting your android smartphone, there are many of them but the most common one is that when you root an android device you will end up losing the manufacturers warranty that has been provided by the company on the device. Though nowadays many of the manufacturers do support rooting, but still most of them don’t. There are many more technical disadvantages of rooting an android smartphone, which you can read in this post here.
About this Tutorial:
In this tutorial we will be rooting the device in the most traditional method. We will be using Odin, which is a flash tool provided by Samsung, and with it’s help we will be flashing cwm recovery on it, and then with the help of the recovery we will flash the super su zip file which will get us the root access, in other words root Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6210. Now there are other methods out there to root the device too, but with the help of this one you will also install cwm on it which will assist you further too while flashing custom roms on the device. This might not be the easiest or the fastest way to root an android device, but it is surely safe, and would help you get the job done. it has been tried and tested on the device, but still you need to proceed at your own risk.
Here are some things that you need to do before you can begin with the tutorial to root Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus. Below is a list that comprises of all those things. So make sure that you have them before you begin with the tutorial.
- Make sure that the device is properly charged, make it to 60 percent as you would not want that it should interrupt in the middle of the procedure.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode under the Developer Options.
- If you don’t find developer options in the settings, then you can tap on the build number of the device in the about section about 7 times.
- You will need a laptop or a computer for the same with the proper drivers installed for the device.
- You can download the drivers here.
- Backup the important data on the device, though it will not get deleted but still it is advisable that you backup to be on the safer side.
- Refer to the guides below if you do not know how to backup data on the device.
- Backup and Restore SMS and WhatsApp Chats
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- Lastly download the files from the download section below.
Before we begin with the rooting process, we need to download some rooting that will be required for the rooting process. Download them from the links below, but before you hit the download button, note that yuo will have to unlock the download links, by performing any of the mentioned tasks below.
Flash CWM Recovery on Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6210:
We can now begin with flashing the custom cwm recovery on Tab 7 plus. So let us begin.
- You first of all need to extract the Odin and CAN Recovery files to a suitable location on your computer.
- The connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable and copy the SuperSU file to the root of the SD card of your phone.
- Now boot your phone into download mode by first turning it off and than pressing and holding the home button + power button + volume down button for about 10 seconds till you see a warning message on the screen with a yellow triangle.
- Then press the volume up button to continue.
- Now go to the location where you extracted the Odin files and launch the executable Odin file on your computer.
- After Odin is successfully launched,
connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Your device should be recognized and you should be able to see an Added message in the lower left panel in Odin window.
- Now click on the PDA field in Odin window and select the recovery.tar.md5 file from the CWM Recovery extracted files.
- Also make sure to uncheck the Auto Reboot option and the Re-Partition option in the Odin window if they are checked.
- Now click on the start button which will start flashing the custom recovery to your phone.
- After the recovery is fully flashed, your phone will automatically reboot.
How to Root Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus P6210:
So here is the second part of the tutorial, where we will be rooting the device, after we have flashed the cwm recovery on it.
- Now boot your phone into recovery mode by first turning it off and then holding and pressing the power button + volume up button.
- Once in recovery mode, navigate to the ‘ Install zip from external SD card ‘ option using the volume up and volume down key and select it using the power button.
- Next select the SuperSU file from the root of the SD card and click yes.
- This will begin the rooting process. Once the process is complete, reboot your phone.
So this is it, this was short post which helped you to root Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus within one click. Also in case if you faced any errors or issues with the tutorial or any of the download links are broken then you can let us know in the form of comments below, and we would try to get back to you as soon as possible.