Looking to install CWM on Xperia Play? You at the right place, just follow the steps below to install cwm on xperia play now, with just a few clicks. Clockworkmod recovery would allow to flash zips directly from the phone, and also do various other tasks that your stock recovery on Xperia Play wont allow you. Also there are many more functions that a recovery does. if you have more doubts about CWM Recovery, read more in detail about CWM Recovery.
Before you Install CWM on Xperia Play:
There are many things that you might know before you install CWM on Xperia Play. CWM is a custom recovery installed on your device, and ot helps you to install flashable zip file onto your Xperia Play. Also you will be able to flash Custom ROMs using CWM, and many more things can be done. Like making nandorid backups on Xperia Play. But before you install cwm on Xperia Play using this post, you should first have the root access to your device, i.e., in other words you need to root the Xperia Play. Also make sure you first unlock the bootloader of the device too, as this tutorial will only work with the Xperia play with unlocked bootloader.
Read: Root Xperia Play
Here are some of the thins that you would need before you try to install CWM on Xperia Play.
- Make sure the phone is charged atleast 70% as you might not want the phone to completely discharge in the middle of the process.
- In general there is no data loss while installing cwm on Xperia PLay, but still as prevention is better than cure. I would advise you to backup all your data before proceeding. Read: Backup Apps, Contacts, and Data using Titanium Backup
- Also make sure the hone is rooted.
- Also make sure that the bootloader is unlocked, you can visit here to do so.
- Also download the files from the download links given below in the download section.
- Also a Computer or a laptop with adequate drivers for the device installed. You can get drivers here.
Download CWM for Xperia Play:
Download the files required to install the CWM on Xperia Play here.
Install CWM on Xperia Play:
You can follow the steps below the install the CWM on Xperia Play.
- First of all, as you have downloaded the RecoverX archive on your Computer or laptop.
- Extract the files from the downloaded files.
- Now enable the USB Debugging option on your device. You can do that by navigating into the Settings>Apps>Development>USB Debugging, and then just check it on.
- Now run the RecoverX tool that you downloaded, by clicking on the executable file on the laptop or Computer.
- Now select the “Sony Ericson” from Brand in the dropdown menu that appears.
- And then choose the deivce “Xperia Play” from the dropdown menu.
- Now click on Next and follow the intructions that appear on screen.
Congratulations, you have now successfully installed CWM on Xperia Play.I Hope this helped! 🙂