In this post we will install and flash cwm on htc droid eris, with the help of a computer. It is a easy tutorial, and you will have the task done within minutes, just all you are required to do is follow the instructions properly.
Before you Install Recovery on the Droid Eris:
A recovery is a menu, which lets you performs various functions like installing updates and images on the phone, and also provides with some functions like formatting the phone, and caching options. But the recovery which has been installed on the phone from the manufacture is not powerful enough, and is of no good use, if you are looking to install a rom or any other powerful functions for justifying the root access. So in that case, you are required to install a custom recovery on the device.
In this tutorial we will be installing the cwm on htc droid eris, with the help of a computer and flash the image files on the phone with the help of it. We will be manually passing the commands, and which will get the job done. It is really easy, and all you got to do is copy the commands, and it’ll be done.
Here are some things, which you will need to get done, before you begin with the procedure.
- A Laptop or a computer with proper drivers installed for the device.
- Make sure that the device is charged properly, get it to at least 60% before you begin.
- Make a secure backup of the data on the phone, though it will not deleted, still it is advised that you do so.
- You can refer to the guides below to do so.
- Read: Backup Apps, Contacts, and Data using Titanium Backup
- Root access is required in order to install custom recovery on the droid eris, so make sure you root the device before you begin.
- Download the files from the download section below.
Read: Root HTC Droid Eris
Donwlaod the files from the links below, as they are required for the procedure to install cwm on htc droid eris.
Koush’s CWm Recovery
- Install the binary into /data/local on your via adb and set permissions.
adb push flash_image /data/local/
adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/flash_image
- Push the files to your phone via adb.
adb push yourrecoveryimage.img /data/local/
adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/yourrecoveryimage.img
adb shell rm /data/local/rights/mid.txt
adb shell ln -s /dev/mtd/mtd1 /data/local/rights/mid.txt
- Wait for the device to reboot. Then flash the recovery.
adb shell /data/local/flash_image recovery /data/local/yourrecoveryimage.img
So this is it, you have now successfully installed the cwm on the phone, and now you can use it to installed a rom or do whatever task you were looking forward to with the help of a custom recovery. I hope this post helped you out, and solved the purpose.