Warning: mysqli_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home1/enjqhtmy/public_html/rootmyandroid.org/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 3091
If you are looking to root Zenfone 2 then you are at the right place. Here is a short tutorial that will help you to root the device with the help of one click software in which you would have to just follow the simple set of instructions below and not need to give any manual commands. So let’s begin.
Before you Root Zenfone 2:
Before you begin with the procedure to root Zenfone 2, you should be knowing about the basic concepts related to android rooting. If you are well aware of it and have been into then rooting of android phone since quite a bit of time now, then you can skip this part of the tutorial and jump to the next section. Also on the other hand if you are not aware of it more, then you should take out some time and research a bit about it. You can refer to the small introductory part below.
Android Rooting is a procedure by which you gain the special authority to control your device better than ever before, which includes interfering in the system processes and also performing many tweaks and customizations on it. It makes you the super user of the device and you are to grant special access to the device and also perform performance tweaks on it which by default android does not let you. It more an less like running a windows device in administrator mode. If you want to read more about android rooting, then you can head to this post here, as we cannot discuss all the technicalities right here in this tutorial.
As said above, you get to perform many tweaks and customizations on your android device, so you can definitely use it to your own advantage. There are many tweaks that can be performed on your android device which a normal android user cannot, for example you could Play HD Games, overclock processor, increase the RAM, increase the internal memory, and also you could install Custom ROMs. And not only these there are many more tweaks and customizations possible when you root your device. You can get to know about more root only android tweaks on this category page here. And if you are looking forward to know about more advantages of rooting your android smartphone in detail, then you can refer to this post here.
Coming to the disadvantages of rooting your android smartphone, there are many of them but the most common one is that when you root an android device you will end up losing the manufacturers warranty that has been provided by the company on the device. Though nowadays many of the manufacturers do support rooting, but still most of them don’t. There are many more technical disadvantages of rooting an android smartphone, which you can read in this post here.
In this tutorial we will root the device with the help of a custom recovery. We will install the cwm recovery on the device temporarily, and boot the device into ti, and from there we will flash the root super su package ontoo the device which will give us the root access. It looks a bit complex when you read it, but it becomes really easy when you go and perform it. Also it is safe and you need not worry about getting your device harmed. But do make sure that you follow the instructinos as it is, and don’t alter them or the order in any way. So let’s begin.
Here are some things that you need to do before you can begin with the tutorial to root Zenfone 2. Below is a list that comprises of all those things. So make sure that you have them before you begin with the tutorial.
- Make sure that the device is properly charged, make it to 60 percent as you would not want that it should interrupt in the middle of the procedure.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode under the Developer Options.
- If you don’t find developer options in the settings, then you can tap on the build number of the device in the about section about 7 times.
- You will need a laptop or a computer for the same with the proper drivers installed for the device.
- You can download the drivers here.
- Backup the important data on the device, though it will not get deleted but still it is advisable that you backup to be on the safer side.
- Refer to the guides below if you do not know how to backup data on the device.
- Backup and Restore SMS and WhatsApp Chats
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- Lastly download the files from the download section below.
For the purpose of the tutorial, you need to download some files as they are required. So make sure you grab these from the links below you proceed further.
How to Root Zenfone 2 ZE550ML and ZE551ML:
So let us begin with the procedure to root zenfone 2 ZE550ML and also ZE551ML. Make sure that you have gone through the previous sections of the post, and also the downloads are in place.
- Extract the zip file containing the temporary CWM package for the device.
- Copy the file named as ‘SuperSUxxx.zip‘ to the root of your internal memory, or SD card.
- Now run the file ‘cai_dat_CWM.bat‘.
- Now a command window will appear, and on that you need to type ACCEPT, make sure you enter in captials and after that press the Enter key.
- Now type ‘T4‘ and press Enter.
- Now after this, the device will reboot in the fast boot mode, and follow the commands that you just gave, and boot into a temporary CWM recovery.
- Now in the recovery menu, select ‘Chooose ZIP from SD card‘
- Then select the SuperSU file which you placed in the root of the sd card, or the internal memory.
- And flash it on the device, and then reboot it.
- After that, when the device reboots, you will have the root access. That’s it.
So this is it, this was short post which helped you to root Zenfone 2 within one click. Also in case if you faced any errors or issues with the tutorial or any of the download links are broken then you can let us know in the form of comments below, and we would try to get back to you as soon as possible.