Warning: mysqli_num_fields() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /home1/enjqhtmy/public_html/rootmyandroid.org/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 3091
So you own a Xperia P and looking for ways to root it? You at the right place. But be careful that you verify the model number of the device before beginning with the rooting procedure. Also this tutorial only specifically works for the Xperia P running on the Jelly Bean. We will use the computer command prompt tp get the root rights for the device in this method.
Read: install CWM on Xperia P
Before you Root Xperia P:
There are many things about android rooting that you need to know before you begin, in case you are a first timer. But if you have a good idea about android rooting and stuff, then you may skip this part and jump to the tutorial right away.
What is Android Rooting? In simple words android rooting is a process by which you gain the administrator rights to your device. And thus you can control every thing about your device (mostly). like you can decide how your device functions, and do many tweaks which other non rooted phones cannot. Why should you root Xperia P? Well simple android rooting has many benefits, and some are listed below.
Android Rooting has many advantages, like you can perform many tweaks to increase the performance of your device, and much more. Like you can do android tweaks, Increase internal Memory, Increase RAM, Play HD Games and much more. Also you can flash Custom ROMs on your device. not only it ends here, there are so many advantages of rooting your android phone, that they cannot be completely discussed here. So you can read more about android rooting advantages.
But nonetheless apart from so many advantages android rooting has, there are also disadvantages that come along, Like many of you must be knowing that rooting your android device will void the warranty of your device and also mush more security risks and also risk of bricking your device is there to thrust upon you. Rerad more disadvantages of android rooting here.
So when you have analyzed all the advantages and disadvantages and still willing to root xperia p on jelly bean, then you may proceed.
Here are some of the thing s that we will need before we start out to root Xperia P. Make sure you have the things in place written below.
- Make sure the phone is atleast 70-80% charged, as you might not want your phone to die in the middle of the process.
- Obviously, your device must be running on the Ice Cream Sandwich version or the Jelly Bean version.
- Also enable the USB debugging mode, you can do that by going into the settings menu of your device.
- Also make sure you have a Laptop or a Computer with proper drivers installed for the device. Get drivers from here.
- Also make sure that you backed up your data, as your data might be lost while in the middle of the process. Read Backup Apps, Contacts, and Data using Titanium Backup
- Also make sure you have unlocked the bootloader of Sony Xperia P. Visit here to do that.
- Download the binary tool from the download links below.
Download the files from the downoad link below, to root the Sony Xperia P.
Download (Dowload Link Broken)
How to Root Sony Xperia P:
Follow the steps below the Sony Xperia P.
- Download the bin4ry tool from the download link below.
- Now enable the USB Debugging mode on Xperia P. You can do that navigating to Settings>Apps>Developer Options>USB Debugging, and then check the option to enable it.
- Now connect your phone to the Laptop or Computer whatever in your case, via a USB Cable.
- Now go to the extracted folder which you will get from the Bin4ry root kit and then double click on the RunMe.bat file.
- A black window will pop up will open up so type 1 (to select New_standard_root) & then press enter.
- Also note that For some Xperia devices New_Stand_Root method might not work, so in case if it doesn’t work for you then do the 2nd method i.e, New Xperia Root by Goroh_kun.
- Now follow the instructions that appear on the screen and complete the process to root Xperia P.
Also Read: 11 Things to to do after you root your phone
So this was a short to root Xperia P, and I hope it helped you. 🙂