Samsung Galaxy S3 mini is a smaller version of the famous galaxy s3. But the device as general is low in specifications. SO if you want to do great things with your device, like rooting and overclocking it, then you are at the right place. Follow the tutorial in this post to root your device, i.e. root s3 mini GT-I8190 like a boss and install cwm on it.
Before you Root your S3 Mini:
This part has been been written for the guys who are totally unaware about android rooting and stuff. So if you are aware about it, and do know about it, then you can obviously go ahead and skip this section.
Firstly we will begin with the question, What is Rooting? Android Rooting is a process by which you get the admin rights for your android device, in your case the galaxy s3 mini. And then you can control almost everything about your device. Like you can unninstall any app in your device, and play with your device, if you are a developer, and are interested in being one. Know more about Android Rooting.
As for the other guys, there are many more reasons that you should be rooting your android device. Like you can Increase internal Memory, Increase RAM, Play HD Games and much more. Also you can flash Custom ROMs on your device. Also there are many more advantages of rooting your s3 mini. The list is so long that it can be completely discussed here. So if you want to know more about advantages of rooting android device, you can read it here.
Also not just advantages, rooting s3 mini also has many disadvantages. Like when you root your device you loose and void the warranty of your device. So before rooting you must know well about the disadvantages also. Read about the disadvantages here.
About this Tutorial:
In this tutorial we will root the Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190. Firstly we will install CWM recovery on s3 mini, and then with the help of the custom recovery we will then flash the rootkit. And then we will gain the root access, and hence the device will be rooted. We will use the Odin software that has been provided by Samsung itself to flash the CWM recovery. So now you have a complete idea, what you are doing, then proceed with the tutorial.
Here is a ist of things that you would need before you begin with the procedure to root and install cwm on gt-i8190.
- First of all make sure that the s3 mini is charged atleast upto 70% battery, as you would not want the devive to die in the middle of the procedure due to low battery.
- A Laptop or a computer with proper drivers installed for the device. if you do not have the drivers fr galaxy s3 mini, you can get them here.
- Though in this procedure you will not lose any data on the phone, but still it is advisable to backup all your important stuff before yuo begin to root and flash cwm on s3 mini.
- Also enable the USB Debugging mode, you can do that by going into the settings of the device.
- Backup all your Data and internal contacts on your S3 Mini.
Try this tutorial to do so – Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- You need to backup all your Messages and MMS
try this tutorial to do so – Backup and Restore SMS on device
- Also download the required file before you begin from the download links given below in the download section to root GT-I8190.
- Make sure that firewalls and anti-virus software on your computer have been turned down, as they might create problems in the middle of procedure.
Download these files as they would be required in the procedure to root the S3 mini.
Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy S3 Mini:
Follow these steps to install the CWM Recovery onto Galaxy S3 Mini.
- First of all download all the required files that been mentioned in the download section above.
- Then power off the device, and boot it into the download mode. You can do that by pressing the Volume Down + Power + Home button simultaneously.
- Then press the Volume Up key to confirm and enter the download mode.
- Meanwhile extract the odin file that you have downloaded in the computer, and then launch the application.
- Connect your s3 mini to the computer with the help of a USB cable. If the connection turned out to be successful then the ID:COM section in the Odin window will turn to blue colour.
- If it does not, try disconnecting the device and then connecting it again. if it still does not work, install the drivers again, and also Samsung Kies.
- Now click on the PDA button and select the recovery file among the files that you have downloaded.
- Also make sure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are checked.
- Do not check any other option. And now click on the Start button to begin the procedure.
- Now the odin will start to flash the cwm file onto the galaxy s3 mini.
- After successful installation, the ID:COM section will turn green and sat PASS.
Now you can disconnect your device. Also if it does not complete successfully, try repeating the procedure one more time.
Root Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190:
Now that we have installed CWM recovery onto the GT-I8190, we will now root it with the help of recovery. Follow these steps.
- Now from the downloaded files, transfer the rootzip file to the SD card of the device.
- Then reboot the device into the recovery mode. you can do that pressing the Volume Up+ Power+ Home button at the same time.
- Now in the recovery mode, select the option “install zip from SD card“, and then “choose zip from SD card“
- Then select the file that you transferred to the SD card.
- After the recovery flashed the root file, reboot the device.
- Congratulation you just rooted your s3 mini like a boss.
This was a short tutorial on how to root the galaxy s3 mini and installing the cwm on s3 mini. I hope it helped. If you face any problems in the tutorial, please feel free to contact us or leave a comment below. We will try to get back to you as soon as possible. Also donate to the original developer who came up with the tutorial originally.