Here is a post, which would help you through the procedure to root Galaxy Mini 2 and install CWM recovery on it using Odin. You could increase the performance the device, and use it on a more personalized level, and squeeze out more from it.
Before you Root Galaxy Mini 2:
before you begin rooting, there are some basic things that you need to have atleast have a basic idea about. Like if you know nothing about it, then you must take out sometime, and understand the basic concepts of rooting. but on the other hand, the chances are high that you are quite experienced, then you must skip this part, as it is a bit boring, if you already know it.
So, Rooting is a process by which you gain more control of your device. By default, Android does not allow you to control the core functioning of the device. but when you root it, you are able to control it more. it is more or less like running the windows in the Admin mode, but get more control of it. Now of course when you root your galaxy mini 2, as you have more control you could make personalized changes into the device and hence get more out of your device. You can read more about Android Rooting here.
Now speaking of the advantages of rooting, as you have more control, there are many android tweaks, that you could perform. There are many root apps, that you could install and run, and benefit from. Like to list a few, you could increase the RAM , overclocking the processor in android, increase the internal memory, you can install Custom ROMs and also Play HD Games, and not only this you could enhance the performance of the device by deleting all the bloatware from the device. Bloatware means, the unwanted apps that come along the device and put in the device by the manufacturer, but are most likely not used. Read more Android Tweaks here.
Not only advantages, rooting galaxy mini 2 has some disadvantages too. When you root the device, you could be voiding the warranty of the device, and also in some cases, you might end up soft bricking your device. Though you can recover from a soft brick, but still, prevention is better than cure, isn’t it? Not only these, there are many disadvantages of rooting your android phone. So after you have analyzed the pros and cons, then only we suggest you to move ahead, and root your device.
About this Tutorial:
Before we start out, let us have a brief look by which method will we be rooting Galaxy Mini 2 and installing CWM on it. Firstly, we will be flashing the CWM recovery on the device with the help of Odin Down loader for PC. It will help us flash a third party recovery with the help of a PC, by switching the device into the download mode. Then we will be flashing the root package on the device with the help of the third party recovery. And then this is how we will gain the root access on the Mini 2.
So before we actually begin with the rooting Galaxy Mini 2, there many things that you need to do before. We have compiled them into a list below.
- Make sure you have a proper Laptop or Computer, with the drivers installed for Galaxy Mini 2 on it, you can grab them here.
- Make sure that the USB debugging option is checked, if not. Do that now by navigating into the settings.
- Also make sure that the device is atleast 70% charged as you do not want that the device should go off in the middle of the procedure due to lack of battery juice.
- Also we advise you before beginning, that you should back up all you important stuff on the device in case any miss-happening occurs. You can refer to our guides below, to make backups of your device.
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- Now the final point, download the files below in the download section, as you cannot continue with the tutorial without them.
So here are some files that you will need to download before you begin with the procedure to root Galaxy Mini 2 S6500.
Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy Mini 2 S6500:
So here we, begin with the first part of the tutorial, i.e. to flash custom CWM recovery on the Galaxy Mini 2. Follow the procedure, step by step whic his given below.
- First of all, again make sure that you have enabled the USB debugging option, by navigating into the settings.
- Connect the device to the Laptop or Computer or whatever you have, with a USB cable.
- Install and open the Odin file, that you downloaded from the download section above.
- And also place the Recovery file onto the PC.
- Boot the device into the Download Mode, you can do that pressing the Home, Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time, for about 5-6 seconds.
- Now that you’ve launched the Odin, if the connection between the PC and the Phone is successful, the ID:COM section in the window must turn Blue, as you
- can see in the image below.
- Now we need to begin flashing the recovery file.
- Click on the PDA, button and select the file, the recovery file.
- And also check the option as you can see in the image.
- Click on “Start”.
- Then the Odin will start flashing the Recovery file, and on successful flash, the ID:COM section will turn Green and say PASS.
- However if it does not turn out to be so, and shows any error, try disconnecting and then connecting the device again and trying to repeat the steps.
- However if it is successful, now you can disconnect the device, as we have install CWM recovery on the Galaxy Mini 2 successfully and now we shall move onto the next part of the tutorial.
Root Galaxy Mini 2 S6500:
Now that we have installed or flashed the CWM Recovery, we can now root galaxy Mini 2 easily. Follow the steps below.
- Place the download root package file, onto the SD card of the device. It can be downloaded from the download section above.
- Boot the Galaxy mini 2 into the recovery mode, you can do that by pressing the Volume Up, Home, and the power Buttons at the same point of time.
- Now click on “Install file from .zip“, and then select Dd card, and then the root package file.
- Then the recovery will start flashing the root package file, and on successful flash it will notify you.
- Then reboot the device, and enjoy. You have installed CWM and rooted your Galaxy Mini 2 like a boss.
So this was a tutorial, which helped you to do two things, i.e., you have now installed CWM recovery onto the device , and also you have rooted your Galaxy Mini 2 S6500. So I hope it must have helped you. Also if you face any errors whilst in the procedure, you could contact us, our team will try hard to get back and solve your problem as soon as possible.