So are you looking to install a custom recovery on your Xiaomi mi3? Well then, this is the post which will be helping you with the procedure. So let’s begin.
Read: Root Xiaomi Mi3
Before you Install CWM on Xiaomi Mi3:
As you guys might be knowing, that the stock recovery is a just a basic utility, which does not let you perform any hardcore tweaks or function on the device. All in all the stock recovery does not let you enjoy the full root privileges. So in roder to do so, users prefer installing a custom recovery on the phone whivh is easy to use and as well as really powerful. You could install rom, kernels and what not with the help of a custom recovery. And one of the famous custom recoveries is the CWM. So in this post we will be installing the cwm custom recovery on the mi3.
In this tutorial we will be installing the cwm on the xiaomi mi3 with the help of a flashable file which we will be installing from the stock recovery. As we will be using the stock recovery itself for flashing a custom recovery, you won’t need a laptop or a computer for this one, and it will be easily done. Just follow a few simple steps, and that’s it.
Here are some things which need your attention before you begin with the procedure to install the recovery on the phone.
- Backup the important data on the phone, it will not get deleted, but still it is advised that you do so before you begin as a precaution.
- You can refer to the guides below, if you don’t know how to do it.
- Read: Backup Apps, Contacts, and Data using Titanium Backup
- Charge the device to at least 60 per cent.
- Download the cwm package from the link below.
Download the cwm package for the xiaomi mi3, as with it only we will be installing the recovery on the phone. So make sure that you grab it, before you begin and proceed further. Also download it directly to the phone to save some time.
- Place the above downloaded in the root of the SD card.
- Go to the updater app from the app drawer.
- Click on the menu and select the update package.
- Select the file copied into the root of the SD card.
- The updater will then ask you to update or install. Select the update option.
- Wait for the process to complete and then reboot your phone.
This is it, after the phone boots up again, you will have the cwm up and running on your mi3. It was as easy as that, and if in case you faced any problems, feel free to leave a comment below and we would try to fix it as soon as possible.