Here is a simple process to flash Stock ROM onto the Samsung Galaxy S3 Sprint version. This is exclusively for the Sprint Version, and not for international version. Follow the steps below to Install and Unroot Sotck ROM on Galaxy S3 Sprint.
Before you Flash Stock ROM :
There are few things you need to know before you start to flash a Stock ROM onto Galaxy S3 Sprint. Also this ROM is only for the Samsung Galaxy S3 Sprint, and not the international version for the Samsung galaxy S3, however the international users can try if you want, but I won’t be responsible for any kind of damage to your device. This is tested method for Galaxy S3 Sprint. Also note that flashing the ROM will wipe all the data on your device, so better make a backup before, if you do not know how to make a backup, try referring to the links below. Also if you have rooted, and you will lose the root access after flashing the stock ROM, but if you want the root, you can use the Root Keeper app that is available in the Play Store.So let’s start!
Before we start to flash the Stock ROM for Samsung Galaxy S3 Sprint, we need to have some things in place.
- The Phone should be atleast 60-70 percent charged so that it does die in the middle of the process.
- Make sure the USB debugging mode is enabled.
- Odin Multi Downloader,the latest version. Download it here
- Also all the data on the phone might be erased, so make sure you backup all the data. If you do not know how to do it, Backup Apps, Contacts, and Data using Titanium Backup
- Also a Laptop or a PC with proper drivers installed of the device.
Download Stock ROM for Galaxy S3 Sprint :
Download the Stock ROM files of the firmware you want to flash from the download links below. The firmwares are listed version wise, like Android 4.3 Stock ROM, Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean Firmware, 4.1.1 Jelly bean Firmware, 4.04 ICS firmware Stock ROM. So choose the version below:
|ANDROID VERSION||BASEBAND||DATE BUILD||STOCK|
|4.3 Jelly Bean||L710VPUCMK3||2013 November||(link) (link)|
|4.1.2 Jelly Bean||L710VPBMG2||2013 September||(link)|
|4.1.2 Jelly Bean||L710VPBMD4||2013 April||(link)|
|4.1.1 Jelly Bean||L710VPBLJ7||2012 October||(link) (link)|
|4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich||L710VPALEN||2012 May||(link)|
Flash Stock ROM for Galaxy S3 Sprint :
Now provided you have downloaded the stock ROM file, and all things that are required are in place, now follow these steps to flash the Stock ROM on Galaxy S3 Sprint.
- Connect the Galaxy S3 Sprint to the laptop or Computer, via a USB cable.
- Again make sure that the USB debugging mode is enable.
- Now install the Odin Multi-downloader, by extracting it, and clicking on the Odin.exe file.
- Now if the “ID:COM” file turns blue, which indicates that the Odin has recognized the phone.
- If it does not recognize the phone, try disconnecting and reconnecting the phone, and ls make sure Samsung Kies is properly installed.
- And now is the time to setup the Odin. Now you extract the downloaded, and setup the file types according to the screenshot attached.
- Now check off the boxes, just like in the Screenshot, and click on “Start”
- This will start the flashing process for Stock ROM on Galaxy S3 Sprint. And on successful flashing, Odin Will say PASS and ID:COM section will turn Green , if not it will say fail and the ID:COM section will turn Red.
- If it does not pass, repeat the process.
So this was a short process to flash Stock ROM on Galaxy S3 Sprint. I hope this helped!