Stock ROM for Galaxy S4 installation procedure. By installing stock ROM you will unroot your device and also get the touchwiz interface back. There are many other advantages of flashing the stock ROM on your device. Follow the tutorial below to do so.
Before You Install Stock ROM on S4:
There are a couple of things that you need to know before starting the procedure to install stock ROM on Galaxy S4. Stock ROM will restore the default software and interface that was pre installed on your device.
While installing stock ROM on S4, all the data on the phone will be lost and also you will lose the root access to your device. In case you want to keep the root access, you can use the root keeper app from the play store for that. Also this tutorial will help you unroot galaxy s4.
Here are some things that you need to have in place before you begin with the procedure to flash stock rom on galaxy s4.
- Make sure that you have proper drivers installed on your computer or laptop.
- Make sure that the phone has atleast 70% of battery as you do not want the phone to die in the middle of the process of installing the stock ROM.
- Also in the process to flash stock ROM on Galaxy S4, all the data on the phone will be lost. So it is advisable to create a backup before you begin.
- Read–> Backup Contacts and Data Backup SMS and MMS Backup App
- Enable the , you can do that by going into the settings.
- Also download the files given below in the download section for stock rom for s4.
Download the files below to flash stock ROM on Galaxy S4.
U.S Galaxy S4:
Download T-Mobile Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware (4.4.2 – M919UVUFNB4)
Download T-Mobile Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware (4.2.2 – M919UVUAMDL)
Download AT&T Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware (4.2.2 – UCUAMDL)
Download Verizon Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware (4.2.2 – VPUAMDC)
Download Sprint Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware (4.2.2 – L720SPTAMDC)
Download US Cellular Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware (4.4.2 – R970TYUFNAE)
Canadian Galaxy S4:
Download Bell Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware (4.2.2 – VLUAMDJ)
Download Rogers Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware ( 4.2.2 – VLUAMDJ)
Download Telus Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware ( 4.2.2 – VLUAMDJ )
International Galaxy S4:
Download International GT-i9500 Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware (SamFirmware.com)
Download International GT-i9505 Galaxy S4 Stock Firmware (SamFirmware.com)
Procedure to install Stock ROM on S4:
Follow the steps below to install the stock rom on the galaxy S4 using Odin.
- Making sure that you have already backed up your important data, now that we are good to go. Firstly switch off your device
- Now boot the S4 in the download mode, which can be done by pressing the Volume Down+ Power+ Home buttons at the same time.
- Now open the Odin software that you installed on your laptop, or computer whatever you have.
- Now the phone will ask for confirmation to boot into the download mode, select yes, and let it boot into the download mode.
- Now connect the device to the laptop or computer with the help of a USB cable.
- On a successful connection established, the ID:COM section will turn Blue or Yellow as shown in the image below.
- In case it does happen so, it means that there is something wrong with the drivers or with the USB cable. Disconnect it and then connect it again, or if still the error persists, then install your drivers again.
- Now select the PDA option and then browse and select the Stock ROM file for Galaxy S4 that you downloaded from the download section above.
- Make sure Auto Reboot and other options are checked as shown in the image below.
- Now verify the settings in the images, and then click on the start button.
- And the Odin software will start to install the stock rom on galaxy s4, and then on completion of the process the ID:COM section will turn green and Say PASS. You can see in the image below.
- So if it says pass, congratulations. you have successfully installed and flashed stock rom on s4.
So this was a short tutorial on how to flash stock ROM on Galaxy S4.
Incoming Search Terms:
- stock rom for galaxy s4
- stock rom s4 t mobile
- stock rom sprint s4
- stock rom verizon galaxy s4