In this post you will learn that how you can update Xperia Z3 D6603 to Android 6.0.1 with the help of CM 13 by flashing it on the device. The ROM will not only update the android version on your device, but also get in some cool customizations along with some performance teaks, which may be absent on your stock ROM.
Before Updating Xperia Z3 D6603 to Android 6.0.1:
There are some things, which you should be having a basic idea about, before you actually begin with the procedure to update Xperia Z3 D6603 to Android 6.0.1. We will be dealing with custom ROMs, so if this is your first time, and you don’t know much about them, it is advised that you take out some time and read about it, so that you at least have an idea that what really are you performing on your phone. Below is a brief introduction about custom ROMs, and please if you have been flashing roms on your device, skip this part, as you will find it utterly boring, and nonsensical given that, you already know about it. We will update Xperia Z3 D6603 to Android 6.0.1 by flashing the CM 13 on it. As you guys might, the CM 13 is based on the Android 6.0.1 so it will update your device when you flash the ROM on it, and get the device to updated version. Also along getting the android version updated, the CM 13 will bring in more features, and other customization out of the box, for the device, which will definitely increase the performance.
Below is a list of things, which need your attention first before you begin with the procedure to update Xperia Z3 D6603} using Android 6.0.1. So make sure that you get them done, before you move ahead.
- You need root access on your device, so make sure you root Xperia Z3 D6603 before.
- Check and Verify the Root Access with the help of Root Checker Pro
- After rooting, install a custom recovery, make sure it is the updated one and the latest.
- Backup the important data on the phone, as it might get wiped during the process, and it is better to have a backup available at all times, if things go south.
- Charge the device properly before so that it does not switch itself off in the middle of the procedure.
- Download the ROM files from the section below.
Below is the link for the ROM files, which you are required to flash on the Xperia Z3 D6603 to update it to Android 6.0.1. Link
Below are the instructions which you need to follow so as to begin with the procedure to update the Xperia Z3 D6603 by flashing CM 13 on it. So let’s begin.
- Reboot the phone into the Fastboot mode.
- Flash Recovery into the phone using fastboot.
- After that reboot the phone into the recovery.
- Choose “Wipe Cache“
- Then choose ‘Wipe Data/factory reset’, and then in Advanced, choose ‘Wipe Dalvik cache‘.
- After that select, ‘install zip from SD card’.
- Then select the ROM file, and flash on the phone.
- After that flash the gapps.
- After that reboot the phone, and it will boot into the cm 13.
This is it, with that you have successfully updated the Xperia Z3 D6603 to Android 6.0.1 by flashing the CM 13 on it. In case you faced any error, do get back to us in the form of the comments below, and we will try to sort it out soon. I hope this helps.