Samsung has not been very regular with their updates, and they have a record for it. And meanwhile, Android 4.4 KitKat has already made it’s way to the market. It is not even known that will samsung be rolling out the KitKat update for grand or not? But anyways you caould update galaxy grand to KitKat via this easy tutorial.
Before you Update Galaxy Grand to KitKat:
There are a few things that you need to know before you set out to install and update Galaxy Grand to KitKat by CM 11 for grand. Note that we will update the Galaxy grand by installing a custom ROM named as Cyanogenmod on it, you must be knowing of it though.And flashing this ROM, and the process can delete your data. So before starting out make sure you have a backup of all your important data. Also to remind you that you need a root access to your device before updating to kitkat, so make sure you have rooted the device. Also we will need a custom recovery for installing the custom ROM, so make sure CWM is installed on Galaxy Grand. You can read the post below to root and install CWM On galaxy Grand. Also make sure that the device is Samsung Galaxy Grand i19082 only, as if you try to install this firmware on any other device, then you might end up bricking your device, and I will not be responsible for the harm done to your device anyway.
Before estate the process to update Galaxy grand to Kitkat 4.4.2 by installing CM 11 on it, make sure you have the following things in place.
- A compete or a laptop with proper drivers installed for the device.
Also make sure the phone is charged already and has about 70 percent battery as you might not want the phone to switch off on the middle of the process just because of no power.
- As we will flash a custom ROM to update Galaxy grand to Kitkat so your data on the phone might get deleted, so make sure you make a proper backup before beginning. Read Backup Apps, Contacts, and Data using Titanium Backup
- Also we will a need clockworkmod recovery installed on Galaxy grand as we have to flash a custom ROM in it in order to update to Kitkat 4.4.2
- Download the firmware files from the download links below.
Also Read: Unroot and Flash Stock ROM on Grand
Download CM 11 GALAXY GRAND :
Download the cm 11 firmware for Galaxy grand from the download links below.
Download CM 11
Also Read: Best Custom ROMs for Galaxy Grand
Update Galaxy grand to Kitkat install CM 11:
Follow the steps below to update Galaxy Grand to the KtKat 4.4.2 via installing CM 11onto it.
- First of all, enable the USB Debugging mode of the device. You can do that by going into the settings.
- Now connect the Galaxy Grand to the PC/Laptop, with adequate drivers installed onto it.
- Now place the files that you downloaded via the download links above to the SD card of the phone.
- Now disconnect the device from the PC/Laptop
- Now reboot the device into the Recovery mode, you can do that by pressing the volume Up + Home+Power buttons simultaneously.
- Now Wipe Data/Factory reset the device in the Recovery menu itself, and then Wipe Cache and also wipe Dalvik Cache in the advanced settings.
- Now select the option “install zip” and then “choose zip from SD card“, and then select the file that you placed on the SD card above in the mentioned steps.
- Now file, no need to f similarly flash the Gapps package,
- Now reboot the device and enjoy!
- Note if you already were on some Cyanogenmod version, like CM 10.2, then just flash the firmware file, no need to factory reset the phone.
So this was a short post to Update Galaxy grand to Kitkat 4.4.2 by installing CM 11 on galaxy grand.