Looking to update galaxy grand to lollipop? Well you are at the right place, this post will you through the way, and give you the right step wise instructions for the same. Also you can take advantage of all the lollipop gestures and features even after Samsung did not roll out an official lollipop update for grand.
Before you Update Grand to Lollipop:
In this tutorial we will update galaxy grand to lollipop by flashing a lollipop ROM on the device, which is based on android 5.0 Lollipop. Namely we will flash the cyanogenmod, CM 12 for galaxy grand. Also not only this it will give you the famous lollipop gestures and other customization a as well. Now not only this you get many cm features as well along with it. Also this procedure might delete some of your user data, and you will have to backup the important stuff on the device as it will wipe the data if you do a clean install of the ROM after flashing the system memory. In some cases it might not, but still it is better to be on the safer side. You will also need a third party custom recovery installed on the device. As we will be using a flashable zipped package of the cm 12 for galaxy grand. So let us begin. So you should be knowing many things that you need to get ready your phone to, before you flash a ROM on it. You can check out the link below.
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
- Dual SIM
- Sensors (Accelerometer, Compass, Light, Proximity, etc.)
- Camera (photo)
- Video playback
- Audio (playback & recording)
- Everything else not listed under “known issues”
- Known Issues
- FM Radio does not work
- Sometimes wake up causes music stutter
- Unable to un-pin screen without rebooting
- Some users have reported issues with call audio (see FAQ for a possible fix)
- Some users have reported low volume when recording video
- Does not work on 4.1 stock ROM’s bootloader, please upgrade to stock 4.2 before flashing
Additionally, Dual SIM has the following limitations:
- Both SIMs are always enabled (no way to disable one SIM)
- “Receive incoming call while data is enabled” is always enabled
Before you can start the procedure to update grand to lollipop, you will have to get some things in place that are mentioned below in the list.
- Make sure that you have the root access to the device.
- Also you will need to have a custom recovery installed on the device.
- Charge the device to at least 60 percent as we do not want that it should interrupt us in the middle of the procedure.
- Before you begin make a complete backup of all the user data on the device like apps, contacts, sms and other data that might be if importance to you on the device.
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup and Restore
- Backup Apps, Contacts, and Data using Titanium Backup
- Download the files from the download links below.
- You will also need an SD card, in which you will transfer the ROM file.
Download the files below as they are required for the procedure to update grand to lollipop. But before you get to those links, you will have to unlock them and for that you will have to perform any of the mentioned tasks below.
How to Update Galaxy Grand to Lollipop:
So here are the final step by step instructions that you can follow to update galaxy grand to lollipop. Ensure that you have gone though the pre requisite section, and have the done the things mentioned in the list there.
- Transfer the ROM file and the GApps to the SD card of the device.
- Boot the phone into the recovery mode, which you can do by pressing the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons at the same point of time.
- Now after entering the recovery mode. if you were on Stock ROM first, make a complete wipe. And if you were on a CM based ROM, then just wipe the cache and the dalvik cahce.
- You can wipe the dalvik cache in the advanced options.
- After that, choose ‘install zip from SD card”
- Then navigate to the ROM file that you had placed on the SD card in the first step.
- The recovery will flash the ROM file for you.
- Then flash the Gapps.
- Reboot, and you’re good to go.
So this was a short post that helped you update galaxy grand to lollipop via cm12 and I case you face any errors or any other stuff you can get to us in the form of comments below and we will try to get back to you as soon as possible.