The Samsung Galaxy ace is a very popular budget friendly Android Smartphone which was announced back in February of 2011. Even though there has been different sequels to the Samsung Galaxy Ace, Samsung failed to push the latest Android updates to the Samsung Galaxy Ace.
However, if you wish to update your Samsung Galaxy Ace to Android 4.4 Kitkat, you can do so by rooting your Samsung Galaxy Ace and then installing the Cyanogenmod 11 custom ROM.
Before you Update Galaxy Ace to KitKat:
Cyanogenmod is a very popular third party custom ROM built for Android devices and Cyanogenmod supports a wide range of Android devices including Smartphones, tablets etc. The main attraction of Cyanogenmod is its fluidity and stability along with the stock Android feel and finish that this custom ROM provides. The Cyanogenmod custom ROM is known to have very less bugs in them and this makes them quite reliable. Moreover, Cyanogenmod custom ROM’s gets nightly updates to keep them bug free. Hence, keeping the custom ROM always up to date and bugs free as well. You get an almost stock feel in every application such as Camera App, Dialer App etc.
Below are some of the features of the Cyanogenmod 11 custom ROM that can boost up the performance of your Samsung Galaxy Ace:
- Android 4.4 Kitkat.
- Bloatwares removed.
- Apex launcher version 2.2.0 included.
- Performance tweaks.
- Better battery optimization.
- Updated Google Play Store to version 4.5.10
- Bugs within the camera app removed.
- Other bug fixes.
Overall, rooting and installing the Cyanogenmod 11 custom ROM will not only update your Samsung Galaxy Ace but also will bring in performance tweaks and bug fixes that can positively affect your Samsung Galaxy Ace.
Also Read: Best ROMs for Galaxy Ace
And below is the detailed guide on how to update Samsung Galaxy Ace to Android Kitkat 4.4 OS.
Rooting and installation of custom ROM’s on an Android Smartphone is an unauthorized process and tends to void the warranty of your Smartphone. Moreover, if the guide written below is misfollowed there are risks of your Samsung Galaxy Ace getting damaged. In any of the cases, we are not to be blamed and only proceed at your own responsibility.
Below is a set of prerequisite procedures to complete before attempting to install the Cyanogenmod 11 custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Ace:
- Root your Samsung Galaxy Ace and install CWM recovery.
- Make sure that you’ve charged your Samsung Galaxy Ace before installing this custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Ace.
- Download and install the USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Ace on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Samsung Galaxy Ace.
- Download the ROM kitkat from the link below.
Also Read: Root and Install CWM on Galaxy Ace
Download CM 11 For Galaxy Ace S5380:
Download the CM 11 ROM files for Galaxy Ace S5380 to update it to KitKat 4.4.
How To Update Samsung Galaxy Ace to Kitkat 4.4:
Below is the detailed guide on how to update Samsung Galaxy Ace to Android Kitkat 4.4:
- First of all, connect your Samsung Galaxy Ace to the PC.
- Then, copy and paste the ROM kit to the external storage space on your Smartphone.
- Now disconnect your Smartphone from the PC.
- And then, power OFF your Smartphone.
- Then boot into recovery mode by pressing Volume Up+Power+Home keys.
- From the recovery mode menu, perform a “Data Factory Reset”, “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and “Wipe Cache Partition”.
- Now select the “Install ZIP From SD Card” option.
- Then choose the ROM kit that you placed to your Smartphone earlier and confirm the selection.
- Now the Cyanogenmod 11 custom ROM will be installed on your Smartphone.
- Then click on the “Reboot System Now” option.
- Your Smartphone will now reboot.
Also Read: Unroot and Stock ROM for Galaxy Ace
It might take a few minutes to reboot. So wait patiently. Congratulations, you have now successfully completed installing the Cyanogenmod 11 custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Ace and updated Galaxy To KitKat. In case of any doubts or queries, please leave them as comments below so that we can check it out and respond accordingly.