Samsung had released the Galaxy Star Pro, write some time ago. And by now navy of the users of the device who have been using it since months would be experiencing lags on the device. And very effect is natural as the accept phones generally show down after some time, but there is always rooting to the rescue. You could root galaxy star pro and does up the device by performing tweaks on the device and then also personalizing the device better then ever before.
Before you Root Galaxy Star Pro:
Before you set out and simply jump to the instructions part of the tutorial, there are many things that you must be knowing. Like you need to know the basics of rooting and the stuff related to it. In case you already know of it, and have been rooting devices since a long time, then you ca of course skip this part of the tutorial. But if that is not the case, then you should be atleast giving this part of the tutorial to root galaxy star pro a read.
Android Rooting is a procedure, by which you gain the rights, in simpler words the root access to the device. And not only that you can interfere in the core functioning of the device which the android code does not let you do by default. When you root your device, you will be able to perform many tweaks, and also personalize your device to the fullest. You are on the driver seat then, and you control almost everything about your device. To know more read What is Android Rooting?
As mentioned above, when you root your device you are able to perform many tweaks on the device. And by these tweaks you could not only increase it’s performance but also the extent of personalization on the device. Like for instance you can Play HD Games, increase the RAM , overclocking the processor in android, increase the internal memory, and also delete the bloatware which will eventually help you to increase the performance on the device by great extent. There are practically uncountable number of tweaks that you can perform on the device. You can read them here.
Now not only the advantages, there are many disadvantages that are linked with the rooting of your android phone too. Like for instance when you root your device, you tend to lose the manufacturer’s warranty on the device. And not only that, when you are in full control chances are high that you might mess up any essential file while performing any of the hardcore tweaks on the device. You can read more about the disadvantages of rooting here.
So after you have analyzed the disadvantages and the advantages you can root your galaxy star pro.
About This Tutorial:
In this tutorial we will be gaining the root access to the star pro by flashing a third party recovery with the help of a computer and then using the third party recovery which is in our case, CWM to flash the root package onto the device and rooting it. And this is we will root galaxy star pro and flash cwm on it.
But before you root galaxy star pro, here is a list of things that need to be done, before you begin. So make sure you get them done in the first pace.
- Make sure that you have a laptop and a computer with proper drivers installed for the device. If you do not have have them, download them here.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode, it can be done by navigating to the Developer Options in Settings.
- Backup your important data on the device
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- Your office must be atleast 70% charged, as we do bot want that the device must not power off in the middle of the procedure.
Here are the files, that you will be needing to root star pro, but first you will have to unlock the download links.
Installing CWM Recovery on Star Pro:
Before we teach you how to root your phone, here is the tutorial on how to install CWM Recovery on your phone. Follow these steps:
- Navigate into the settings of your phone and activate the “USB Debugging” option.
- After doing this, connect your mobile to you laptop or desktop.
- Download and install the Odin software on your laptop or desktop.
- You will also need to download the Recovery package onto your computer.
- After downloading the above files, boot your phone into download mode while it is connected to the computer. Do this by pressing and holding the Volume down + Home button + Power button simultaneously for about 5 seconds.
- After the phone successfully goes into the download mode, launch Odin on your computer. You will see the ID: COM section turning blue in the Odin window is the mobile is properly connected.
- You now have to select the recovery file that you earlier downloaded after clicking on the PDA button.
- Now click on the Start button which will start flashing the recovery file to your phone. If the process is successful, the PDA button will turn green and will say Pass. CWM Recovery has now been successfully flashed to your phone.
How to Root Galaxy Star Pro:
Now that you have installed CWM on star pro, now follow these steps to root star pro.
- After you’ve installed CWM Recovery, you’ll need to download SuperSU to your phone and copy it to the SD card in your phone.
- This step requires you to turn off your phone and then turn it on by pressing and holding the power key+volume up key+volume down key+home button simultaneously. Doing so will boot your phone into CWM.
- After your phone successfully boots into CWM, select ” Install zip > Choose zip from SD card > SuperSU.zip > Yes”. This will flash the SuperSU.zip file to your phone.
- As soon as the file is flashed, reboot your phone.
- If you find SuperSU in the app drawer, it means that the device has now been rooted.
If you face any errors in the tutorial, like the Odin does not detect the device, try reinstalling the drivers and then checking again. But still if the problem persists, contact us. Or team would try to solve your problem as soon as possible. So this was a tutorial which heeled you to root and install cwm on Galaxy Star Pro.