Process to flash Stock ROM on Xperia Z1 Honami and unroot the device
Xperia Z1 is a pretty cool device from Sony, and there are plenty of ROMs available for the device. But sometimes Custom ROMs can get laggy and they are just bugging you. There might be some bugs in the device, so reverting to Stock ROm is always a better option. No matter what the reason might be, if you’re looking to Flash Install Stock ROM on Xperia Z1 Honami, you are at the right place.
Before you Install Stock ROM:
Before you actually start the process of installing and reverting back to the Stock ROM for Xperia Z1, there are a couple of things you need to know. As you guys may be knowing that a stock ROM is a default ROM, so by flashing this you will be loosing the root access to the device, but you can protect your root access, by using the app “Root Keeper” that is available in the Play Store. Also by flashing Stock ROM you will lose all the data on the device, and you should backup it before starting. You can read the post below the pre-requisite section to backup apps, dat and etc on your Xperia Z1. Also note that this Stock ROm is a flashable stock ROM, which has to flashed using CWM so also make sure you have ClockWorkMod recovery installed on Xperia Z1.
Here is a list of things that you need before you begin flashing or installing stock ROM on Xperia Z1.
- Make sure the phone is atleast 70-80% charged so that you are not interrupted in the middle of process.
- Also you need to enable the USB debugging mode by navigating into the settings f your Xperia Z1.
- Also we will need a Laptop or PC in which drivers for the device are properly installed.
- Flashing a Stock ROM on Xperia Z1 will erase all the data on your phone, so better make a backup, if you do not know how to make one, head to Backup Apps, Contacts, and Data using Titanium Backup
- Also we will need a Clockworkmod recovery installed on the phone.
Also Read: Update Xperia Z1 to KitKat 4.4
Download Stock ROM Honami Z1 :
Download the Stock ROM file from the download link below. Also noot that their are two types of download links below, one is for the CWM recovery, and the other is for CWm as well as TWRP. No other recovery would work for this process. But you can always try it. Also their are version number written alongside the download links, choose the best compatible for you.
Deodexed – tweaked 257 stock rom for CWM & TWRP (Version for 14.1.G.2.257 fw)
Deodexed 526 stock rom v2 for CWM (Version for 14.1.G.1526 fw)
Flash Stock ROM on Xperia Z1:
Follow the steps below to flash a stock ROM onto Xperia Z1 easily and without any problems.
- Connect the Xperia Z1 to the PC or Laptop whatever using a USB cable.
- Place the downloaded file from above download link to your SD card.
- Now disconnect the device from the PC, and reboot the device into the recovery mode.
- Now in the recovery mode, choose “install zip from SD card”, and then “choose zip from SD card”, and now select the file you placed on the SD card.
- Now let the phone install the Stock ROM for Xperia Z1. After the process finishes, also flash the SuperSU file to ensure that you still have the root access. ( If you do not want the Root Access, then it is Okay)
- Now Wipe Dalvik Cache and Cache Partition. And reboot the Device and enjoy 🙂
- Note if the device enters a boot loop, try factory reset the device and then again perform the process, it would boot fine.
So I hope I helped you install Stock ROM onto your Xperia Z1 Honami. 🙂