Want to root Xperia V? Here is a tutorial that will help you to do it without even having to use a computer or PC. This tutorial will easily help you do it and without any issues, you just need to follow the detailed properly arranged step by step instructions given in this tutorial and you’ll be good.
Before you Root Xperia V:
There are some things that you should be knowing before you begin with the procedure to root Xperia V. You should be having a basic knowledge about android rooting and the concepts related to it. This section is for the newbies and the people who are not knowing about rooting at all and it is their first time. But on the other hand if you are a regular one and know about it already, you can skip this part of the tutorial. Below is a intro part for the first timers, that might make it a bit easy for them to begin with.
In the simplest of words, when you root an android device you seize to gain the full control over the device. You are able to control the system processes, default workflows and make really great customizations and performing many tweaks on it. Now of course we are talking things that by default the android code would not allow you to do, but when you root the device you are. You in a sense are the super user of the device and can control the device better than ever before. It is quite different from jailbreaking an iPhone, as it is illegal whereas rooting your android phone is completely legal. I cannot write the whole story about android and rooting in this post right here, as this was just a brief introductory part and if you wish to know more then you shouldread this post.
Now as said above, when you root the device you are able to control it and perform tweaks and customizations on it. Of course this can advantage you, in many ways as you can in read the productivity or also the performance of your android device in many cases. When you root a device, you are able to increase the RAM install Custom ROMs, increase the internal memory,Play HD Games, and also you could overclock processor. And not only this, there are many more tweaks out there that can be performed on an android device, once it is rooted. And if you are looking forward to get to know about them in detail, read this post on advantages of rooting.
There are also some disadvantages of rooting your android device as well. As many of you might already be knowing that once you root an android device, you would lose then warranty on the device that has been provided by the manufacturer. Not only this there are many other disadvantages of rooting your device too, like you could end up in random boot loops and other problems that might occur to you while performing many tweaks and if you do not know what you’re actually doing, it could make you land in troubles. Here is a post that discusses every detailed disadvantage of rooting an android device.
About this Tutorial:
In this tutorial we will be rooting the device with the help of a root package and a app that will root the device for the us. The interesting part is that you won’t need a laptop or a computer for the same and this tutorial would help you to root Xperia v without it. Now this is a really easy process for the same and would get the things done pretty easily and within minutes. All you need to do is follow a simple set of instructions given at the end. Also note that if any damage is caused to the device, our website or developer won’t be responsible for it. So proceed at your risk.
Read: How to Unbrick your device
Below is a list things that you are required to do before you begin with the tutorial to root Xperia V and make sure that you surely do get them done before you begin.
- Make sure that the device is properly charged so that it does not interrupt us in the middle of the root in procedure.
- Enable the Installation of Apps from unknown Sources, which can be done in the Security Settings.
- You need to make a proper backup of the device and the data, though it won’t get deleted but still you should do it as a precautionary measure.
- You can learn how to backup the data on the device from the guides below
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup and Restore SMS and WhatsApp Messages
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- You need to download the files from the download section below.
Below is a root socks he that you need to download as it will be required for the procedure to root Xperia V. But before you can begin downloading the file you will have to perform one of the things mentioned in the locker box below.
Instructions to Root Sony Xperia V :
Below are the step by step instructions that you need to follow so as to root Xperia v. Make sure that you have gone through the previous sections of the post before you proceed with it.
- The first step requires you to enable the USB debugging on your phone. Do this by heading to Settings > Developer Settings and checking the box next to USB debugging.
- Also enable Unknown Sources by going into Settings > Security. This will allow the installation of third party apps on your phone.
- Now download Towelroot.apk file from the link in the above section on your computer.
- Connect your phone to the co. Outer using a USB cable and copy the Towelroot.apk file to the root of the SD card of your phone.
- Now disconnect your phone from the computer and go to the root of the SD card in a file manager.
- Click on the Towelroot.apk file to begin its installation.
- Once it is installed, launch the app from the app drawer.
- Click on the ‘make it ra1n’ button in the app.
- Now download the SuperSU.zip file from this link.
- Extract the file to get SuperSU.apk file and copy this file to the root of the SD card of your phone.
- Repeat steps 5-8 to install this file.
Once installed, update SuperSU from the Play Store and you have your rooted phone with you.
This is it, you have rooted Xperia V without PC. This was a short tutorial aimed at helping you out with the root procedure and help you do it pretty easily without having you to give any manual commands in command prompt. Also note that if you get stuck at any step or any other problem related to tutorial arises, do contact us and we would get back to you as soon as possible.