Here is a post that would help you out to root Xperia M2 and that too without even using a computer. You could easily root your Xperia M2 without facing any issues and other problems or hardships that a regular tutorial puts you through. So let’s begin.
Before you Root Xperia M2:
As you are here to root your Xperia M2, you are expected that you should be knowing of android rooting and the basic things related to it. So that you are not just rooting the device as a fad, but really know what is it all about. In case you already know that and are not a newbie or a beginner them you could skip this part of the post and move on to the next, but if in case you are one, you should definitely first get to know at least some basics about android rooting and things related to it. Here is a small paragraph that might help you begin with it.
Android Rooting is a process which makes you the super user of the device, by getting you the root access to the device as the name suggests. This means, that you are able control your device and do things on it which the default android code does not allow you to do. You are able to perform tweaks, customizations and other stuff on the device which definitely makes your device better for you. They may be performance tweaks or simple customization tweaks. Rooting allows you to interfere in the functioning of the device and also you could make changes in many system processes. All in all rooting will get you started with the device and experience the real open source environment of android. We cannot even discuss just the 10% of what android rooting is all about and this would just be the conclusion on that case, and if you now are really interested in reading more about it, you should read this post here.
Android Rooting allows you to perform tweaks and customizations, of course it means that you can use it to your own advantage. To list a few tweaks that you could perform on the device, you could install Custom ROMs, Play HD Games, overclock processor,increase the RAM and also you could increase the internal memory. And not only this, there are many other tweaks that you can perform on the device and if you wish to read about them too, refer to this list. And the detailed post explaining the advantages of rooting would further assist you.
Also android rooting has some disadvantages as well. Your device becomes more vulnerable and you might also end up in troubles while performing many hardcore tweaks on the device, so you got to be really cautious and not take it casually. And there are many other disadvantages of rooting your android device, the most common of them all is when you root a device you lose the warranty on the device, which is provided by the manufacturer. So people generally root the device only when it is out of the warranty period. You can know about more disadvantages of rooting here.
About this Tutorial:
As there are so many tutorials out there to root an android device so let us have a look that by what will we be rooting a device. In this tutorial we will be rooting the device with the help of an app that we will be installing on the device and it will get us the root access on the device. And also the best part is you won’t even need a laptop or a computer for this procedure to follow it. It has been tried and tested on the device and you can proceed with it without any worries.
Here are some things that need your attention before you begin with the procedure to root Xperia M2 and you need to have them done before. So below is a list that has all those things that need your attention in the first place.
- First of all, backup all your important data on the device.
- Rooting does not delete any of the user data, but still you should back it up as a precaution.
- Refer to the guides below, if in case you do not know how to do it.
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup and Restore SMS and WhatsApp Messages
- Charge the device to at least 60 or 70 percent, as you would not want that the device should go off in the middle of the procedure and ask you to plug in the charger.
- Enable the installation of apps from Unknown Sources, which can be found under the Security tab in Settings.
- Download the files from the download section below.
You are required to download some files as they are really essential for the procedure to root Xperia m2. Also if you want to use the links below you will have to unlock it by performing any of the mentioned tasks below.
After you have downloaded the above mentioned files, extract the SuperSU zip file to get the SuperSU.apk file.
How to Root Sony Xperia M2:
So let us begin with the procedure to root Xperia m2,and to that you need to follow the steps and instructions given below.
- Copy the tr.apk (towelroot apk file) and the superuser.apk (SuperSU apk file) to your phones memory from the computer using a USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer and open a file explorer to head to the location where you copied the files
- Click on tr.apk to begin installing the Towelroot app.
- Once the app is installed, launch it from the app drawer and click on ‘Make it rain’ option.
- This will start the rooting procedure after which your phone will reboot.
- Once the phone reboots, open the file manager and go to the location where you copied the superuser.apk file and click on it to install it.
- Once installed, launch it from the app drawer of your phone and update SU binaries if necessary.
- You should now have complete root access over your Xperia M2.
So this is it, this was a tutorial that helped you to root Xperia M2 without pc easily and within minutes. If you face any problems in the middle of the procedure or any of the download links don’t work or any other tutorial related problem then you could get to us in the form of comments below and we would get back to you with a solution asap.