The Samsung Galaxy Star Duos is a very popular Android Smartphone manufactured by Samsung and was released back in May 2013. The Samsung Galaxy Star Duos was an instant hit among other budget Android Smartphones and featured a very impressive list of hardware specifications such as a 1 GHz processor, 512 MB of RAM and so on.
If you own a Samsung Galaxy Star Duos and if you’re not satisfied with its performance, then you can boost up its performance by rooting it and then installing any custom ROM of your choice. And if you’re out there in search of a detailed rooting guide on how to root Samsung Galaxy Star Duos, then today we’re here with a detailed tutorial on the same.
Before You Root Samsung Galaxy Star Duos:
Before you actually begin the rooting process for your Samsung Galaxy Star Duos, below are some things that you should be aware of.
Rooting is a process which gives you the root access of your Android Smartphone, which was previously hidden from you. After rooting your Android Samsung Galaxy Star Duos, you’ll be able to flash custom ROM’s and kernels which will help boost the performance and battery performance of your Samsung Galaxy Star Duos. Even though some of these custom ROM’s might contain some bugs, they are fixed quite quickly.
But, rooting of Android Smartphones is a un-authorized process and tends to violate the terms and conditions of Android. And as a result, you’ll be losing all warranty benefits over your Samsung Galaxy Star Duos once you root it. Also, there are certain risks to the data stored in the internal storage space of your Samsung Galaxy Star, in case something goes wrong. Hence, we always recommend you to take a backup of your Smartphone. Read: Backup Apps, Contacts, and Data using Titanium Backup
Please understand the advantages, disadvantages, and risks of rooting of Android Smartphones and we are not to be blamed in any case of damage occurred to your Samsung Galaxy Star Duos during or after completing the rooting process mentioned below. If you want to know more about the disadvantages caused as a result of rooting your Android Smartphone, then you can read our detailed list of disadvantages of rooting.
Below are some prerequisite procedures to follow before rooting your Samsung Galaxy Star Duos Android Smartphone:
- Please do only perform this tutorial on your Samsung Galaxy Star Duos.
- Download and install the USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Star Duos on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Smartphone.
- Keep the minimum battery backup of your Samsung Galaxy Star Duos as 80%.
Download the files to root galaxy star, below from the download link.
Download the root kit from here
Download the root kit from here
How To Root Samsung Galaxy Star Duos:
Below is the detailed tutorial on how to root Samsung Galaxy Star Duos Android Smartphone:
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy Star Duos to the PC.
- Extract the root kit folder that you downloaded earlier.
- From the extracted root kit folder, double click and run the “Impactor.exe” file.
- From the menu that follows, select the “# drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su” option.
- Then, click on the Start button.
- Now the rooting process will begin.
- Wait peacefully for the rooting process to complete successfully.
- Once the rooting process completes successfully, manually reboot your Samsung Galaxy Star Duos Android Smartphone.
- And once the reboot completes, check whether the SuperUser SU Android app is installed on your Samsung Galaxy Star Duos or not.
If yes, then congratulations. You have now successfully completed rooting your Samsung Galaxy Star Duos. I really hope that you found this tutorial helpful and in case of any doubts or queries, please leave them as comments below.