Want to root Galaxy S4 Active? Here is a tutorial that would help you to do it without any issues. You could root it and then increase the performance and also you can perform some decent customizations on the device. So let us begin.
Before you Root Galaxy S4 Active :
Before you root Galaxy S4 active you should be knowing em that really rooting is and what are you actually going to perform on your device. If in case you are well aware of it, then you could of course skip this part of the tutorial and if in case you are not, you should take out some time to read this part.
Android Rooting is a process by which you get the complete control over your device and are able to fully control your android device. You becomes the super user and can perform any of the hardcore tweaks and customizations that you are looking for. In a nutshell you control the device and you choice how it works. In fact this very concept of android rooting is so big, that it cannot be covered here right in this post. So if you wish to know more, read what is android rooting here.
Talking of the advantages, there are many when you root your device. Like you can perform many tweaks on the device and also you are able to customize the device and make it work the way you want. To list a few root tweaks you could increase the internal memory, overclock processor, Play HD Games, delete the bloatware, increase the RAM , flash Custom ROMs, and much more. And not only this there are many and practically uncountable number of tweaks that are possible to perform when you root your device, and we have a list compiled for you to do the same. Also if you want to know about more advantages of rooting, head here.
Also there are some disadvantages when you root your android device. Like you could end up bricking the device in case you do not perform it properly and also you would void the warranty of the device that has been provided to you by the manufacturer of the device. There are many more disadvantages, that are involved which you can read here in this post.
About the Tutorial:
In this tutorial we will root galaxy s4 active with the help of odin down loader and then flash the root package on the device with it. All you need to do is just connect the device to the computer and then follow the instructions in the post. This is the safest method to root the device and also one of the most secure method. It is tested and is brick proof, i.e. you won’t be harming your device in any case by this method.
Before you begin with the tutorial you need to go though the list of things that are needed to be done before you root galaxy s4 active.
- You will need a laptop or a computer, with proper drivers installed for the device.
- Also download the drivers from this page here, if you do not have them.
- Charge the device up to 60 percent so that it does not interrupt in the middle of the procedure.
- Backup all the data on the device, though it will not be wiped when you root still it is advisable that you do it.
- You can refer to the guides below.
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Phones
- Backup and Restore SMS
- Also download the files from the download section below.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode, by navigating into the settings.
Download the files from the download links which have been given below, as they will be required for the procedure to root galaxy s4 active.
Download the root package required for the rooting on your computer from the download link. After downloading the root package, extract it to a suitable location on your computer.
How to root Galaxy S4 Active GT-I9295:
So here are the step by step instructions that you need to follow so as to root galaxy S4 active with odin. But first again make sure that you have downloaded the files required or and you have gone through the pre requisites section once.
- Now boot your phone into download mode. To do this, first turn it off and then turn it back on by pressing and holding the Volume down button + Home button + Power button for about 10 seconds. You will then see a war in message with a yellow triangle sign. Press the volume up button to continue.
- Now go to the location on your computer where you extracted the root package and open the executable Odin file. This will launch Odin on your computer.
- Now connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable. If the phone is connected properly, you will see an “Added” message on the Odin window in the lower left corner.
- Now click on the PDA field in Odin and select the CF-Auto-Root.tar file from the extracted root package files.
- Now click on the start button on the Odin window which will start the rooting process. The process should normally take about 50 seconds to complete following which your smartphone will automatically restart. After is restarts, you will see a Pass message in a green colored box. You can then disconnect your phone.
- To make sure of the root, look for the SuperSU app in the app drawer. If you find this app, your phone has been successfully rooted.
So this was a short post that helped you to root galaxy s4 active with the help of odin. In case you face any problems in the procedure or any of the links are broken please do report by commenting below and we would try to fix the issues as soon as possible. I hope this post helped.