Looking for ways to root Samsung galaxy note i717? This post is here to help you out with the procedure, and help you perform the rooting pretty easily and smoothly without facing any issues or problems. So what are you waiting for?
Before you Root Galaxy Note:
Before you begin to root, you should be having a basic knowledge that what android rooting really is and what actually are you going to perform on your device and how it can benefit you. In case you know about rooting and the stuff related to it, then you can skip this part of the tutorial, and move on to the next one. But if you are really a beginner and are looking to know more about this stuff, you can definitely read this out as it might clear your doubts a bit about this.
Android Rooting is a method by which you gain the root access to the device which in turn gives you the full control of the device, and also it allows you to do some really good customizations, and also perform some hardcore tweaks on the device. You get the full control of the device, and it is really sneaky. All in all, it is like running a widows in administrator mode, but with even more control and manual overriding rights. In fact, this very concept of android rooting is so big, that we cannot discuss it solely on this page right here, so if you wish to know more, go and read What is Android Rooting?
As said above when, you get to control the device fully, and perform any customizations and tweaks on it, and eventually take advantage of rooting your android device. To name a few things that you can do after rooting your device are, Custom ROMs, increase the RAM, overclock processor, increase the internal memory, Play HD Games, and also you could Play HD Games.
And the list is even bigger than this, which cannot be listed right here. So if you wish to know more about the tweaks that can be performed, click on this root only tweaks list. And on the other hand if you are looking to know more in detail about the advantages of rooting your android smartphone, you can read this in depth post here.
A thing which has advantages, also has many disadvantages as well. To list a a few you can lose the manufacturers warranty on the device and also there are many chances of you ending up in bricking your device. Not only this, there are many more other disadvantages of rooting your android device as well? who you can read in this post here.
About this Tutorial:
In this tutorial we will root galaxy note I717, with the help of odin multi down loader that is a official tool from Samsung to flash firmwares on the device. And we will use it to flash the root package into the device. We will install the odin onto the computer and then boot the device into the download mode and then connect it with USB and flash the package which will give us the root access on the device. This is one of the most secure method to root the device, and is tested and also the chances of bricking are zero.
Before you move onto the instructions how to part of the tutorial, there are things that need to be done before, yes before you root galaxy note. Go through them once.
- The battery of the device should be properly charged, so that the device does not ask you to plug in the power in the middle of the procedure.
- You will need a laptop or a computer with proper drivers installed for the device. You can get them here.
- Though rooting does not delete the data on the device, but still you should backup the important data on the device before proceeding.
- You can backup from the tutorials as shown below.
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- Backup and Restore SMS
- Also download the files that are required for the procedure.
- Enable the USB debugging mode by navigating in to the developer options.
- You can unlock the developer options by clicking on the build number 7 times.
Below are the links for the recovery and root package to root galaxy note, download them. As without these files you cannot root the device. But first you will have to unlock the links be performing any of the things mentioned below.
Before we start with the rooting process, you will need to download some rooting essentials from the links attached below. Download both these files to your computer.
How to Root Galaxy Note I717:
So here the the final step by step instructions that you need to follow so as to root galaxy note. Again make sure that you have gone thorough the pre requisite Sexton and also download the files required.
- Boot your device into download mode by first turning it off and then turning it back on by holding and pressing the volume down button and the power button until you see a warning message. Then press the volume up key to continue.
2. Now extract the Odin file that you downloaded on your computer and run the executable file from the extracted file.
- Now connect your phone to the computer. You will see the ID:COM field turning yellow if the phone is connected propely.
- Select the PDA field in the Odin window and then browse and select the CWM Recovery file of the .tar.md5 format.
- Uncheck the Re-Partition field and the Flash Lock field and then click on start.
Your device will reboot after the process is complete and you should have custom recovery on your phone now.
- Connect your phony to the computer and copy SuperSU file to the root of the SD card of your phone.
- Now disconnect the phone from the USB cable and boot it into recovery mode by first turning it off and then holding and pressing the volume up button + volume down button + home button for about 10 seconds.
- Navigate using the volume keys to the Apply update from SD card option and select it using the home button.
- Then navigate to the root of the SD card to select the file we copied earlier.
- Once done, select the reboot option.
Your phone should now be rooted. Look for the SuperSU app in the app drawer to make sure of the root.
So this was a short post that helped you to root galaxy note i717 and if in case you encountered any problem in the middle of the tutorial then you could contact us with your problems, and we would try to get back to you as soon as possible. I hope this post helps the purpose.