Samsung had released the galaxy nexus a long time ago and as usual for the android devices, they lag and slow down after some time. But this problem can always be dealt when you root galaxy nexus and perform some performance tweaks. So if you are looking to root it, then you are at the right place.
Before you Root Galaxy Nexus:
Before you start to root galaxy nexus you should be knowing about android rooting and stuff related to it. In case you know about it and are well aware of it then you could skip this part of the tutorial. While if you do not know about it then you should read this, as it might help you to understand rooting a bit better.
Android Rooting is a procedure by which you get to control the device better and also manipulate the working. Also you can change any of the system process and use them to perform tweaks. So in a nutshell when you root galaxy nexus you are in complete control of the device and also are able to perform any tweak. To know more, read what is android rooting.
Android Rooting can prove to be beneficial for the device as you are able to perform many tweaks that can increase the performance of the device and also some decent customizations. To list a few you could delete the bloatware, increase the internal memory, increase the RAM , Play HD Games, and also could overclock the processor. And not only this there are many other tweaks that can be performed on the device once you root it. We compiled a list of android tweaks that can be done after you root galaxy nexus.
Not only the advantages, there are many other disadvantages of rooting your android smartphone too. Like for instance, when you root you lose the manufacturer’s warranty that has been provided to you. Also when you root your device it becomes more vulnerable to security breaches as you open the device and all the control is in your hand. You can read about more disadvantages of rooting your android smartphone here.
About this Tutorial:
In this tutorial we will be rooting the device by flashing the root package file with the help of odin downloader. For this you will have to connect the device to the computer or a laptop. And then with the help of this odin we will be flashing and getting root access. Though this method takes a lot of time but it is the most traditional method and also one of the safest one out there. As you know there are so many methods to get the root access. Also the chances of bricking the device are close to zero. So let us begin to root galaxy nexus.
But before you begin here is a list of things that are needed to be addressed in the first place to root galaxy nexus.
- You will need a laptop or a computer with proper drivers installed for the device. If you do not have proper drivers, you could download them here.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode by navigating into the developer options.
- Also make sure to backup all the important stuff on the device. You could refer to the guides below.
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- Also download the files from the download section below, as they are required for the procedure.
Download the files from the download section below as they are essential for the procedure to root galaxy nexus. But before you will have to unlock the download link.
How to Root Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250:
Here are the step by step instructions that would you to root galaxy nexus easily. So let us begin.Before we start with the rooting process, we need to download some rooting essentials they we’ll need to root the phone. Download CF-Auto-Root-maguro-takju-galaxynexus.zip and Odin-v3.07 on your desktop or laptop from the download links in the previous section.
- After you have downloaded the above two files, extract them on suitable locations on your computer.
- Open the folder where the Odin files have been extracted and look for the file Odin3-v3.07.exe and launch this file on your computer.
- Now you need to boot your phone into download mode. To do this, first turn it off and then turn it back on by holding and pressing the Power button + Volume down key together for about 10 seconds. You will see a symbol of the android icon in repair. Press power button to continue.
- Now connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable. You will see an Added message in the Odin window on your computer. Now click on the PDA field in the Odin window and go to the folder where you extracted the CF-Auto-Root-maguro-takju-galaxynexus.zip file. There you will see a file with the same file name as the above zip file but of the format .tar.md5. Select this file in the PDA field.
- Check the boxes right next to Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time and uncheck all the other boxes. Now click on the start button which will start the rooting process. Once the process is complete, the device will automatically reboot. Your device is now rooted.
So this was a tutorial that helped you to root galaxy nexus GT-I9250. If you face any errors or any of the download links seem to not be working then you could contact us, we will try to get back to you as soon as possible.