Samsung had released the Galaxy Mega 6.3 some time ago and by now many users must have been noticing the device to go slow and also experience lag on it. And this is not really uncommon as android device start to slow down after effects of aging. You could always root galaxy mega 6.3 and perform some tweaks and also increase the performance of the device and make it better.
Before you Root Galaxy Mega 6.3:
Before you move onto the instructions part and begin to root galaxy mega 6.3 there are many things that you should be knowing or having a basic knowledge of. As you should be knowing that what really are you going to perform on the device. In case you are well aware of root in and related concepts then you could skip this part of the tutorial and if in case you are not you should maybe give this part a read.
Android Rooting is a method by which you gain the root access and it gives you to power to control your device fully even including the system processes and also the core functioning of the device. With that you are able to perform so many tweaks on the device and are also able to perform many customizations. All in all you are in complete control of your device. You could read more about android rooting here.
Now as said above, there are many tweaks that can be performed and also you are able to benefit from the tweaks by doing many productive things on the device. For instance you could increase the internal memory, overclock processor, Play HD Games, delete the bloatware, increase the RAM , flash Custom ROMs, and much more. Not only this there are many more tweaks that can be performed on the device. Which you can read here from this list of root only android tweaks.
Not only advantages, when you root your device there are many disadvantages too, like for instance you end up voiding the warranty of the device that has been provided by the manufacturer. Now you could read about more disadvantages of rooting your android device, as they cannot be solely discussed here right in this post.
About this Tutorial:
In this tutorial we will be rooting galaxy mega 6.3 with the help of a computer and suing an automated software which will get us the root access and also install the SuperSU binary app onto the device. Now this is one if the easiest method, as we do not have to do anything manually on the device and also it is a safe approach. And the chances of your bricking the device by following this method are almost nil.
Before you begin there are many things that are needed to be done first, as you need to have them in place before you root galaxy mega 6.3. So go through the list once.
- You will need a laptop or a computer on which proper drivers have been installed.
- You can download the drivers for the device from this page.
- Enable the USB debugging Mode and Unknown Sources from Developer Options and Security settings respectively.
- Though rooting does not delete of the data on the device, but still it is advisable that you make a secure backup and be on the safer side.
- You can refer to the guides below in case you do not know how to do it.
- Charge the device properly as we do not want that it should interrupt in the middle of the procedure due to lack of power.
- Also download the files from the download section below.
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Phones
- Backup and Restore SMS
Download the files below from the download links below as they are required in the tutorial and to root galaxy mega 6.3, but first you will need to unlock the download links by doing any one of things mentioned below.
How to Root Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9208 :
Here follow the step by step instructions that would help you root galaxy mega 6.3 within a few clicks. So let us begin.
- Download and install the SRS Root app on your computer from the download link above.
- Now head to Settings on your phone from the app drawer and go to the security sub-menu and look for the Unknown Sources option. This option allows you to install third party apps. Check the box next to unknown sources.
- Now go to Developer Options and then check the box next to USB Debugging. This is another function you need to enable to root your phone. If you can’t find the Developer Options, click on the Built number about 10 times in the About section and then look for Developer Options.
- Now connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Launch the SRS Root app on your computer.
- Once the phone is properly connected, click on the Root Device button in the SRS Root app window. The process will take about 10-15 minutes.
- Now click on the Reboot System Now button and wait for the device to reboot.
This was a short tutorial that helped you to root galaxy mega 6.3. If you faced any errors or any problems in the middle of the procedure then you could comment below and we would try to get back to you as soon as possible.