So looking for some ways to root Galaxy grand 2 LTE? Here is a tutorial that will help you out in the process. By rooting you can increase the performance of the device, and also you could perform other bunch of performace tweaks as well. So let the rooting begin.
Before you Root galaxy Grand 2 LTE:
But before you root your grand 2 LTE, you should at least be knowing some of the basic stuff about it. Like you should have a knowledge of rooting and the stuff related to it. In case you are a pro, and have been rooting devices since a long time now, you can of course skip this part of the tutorial, as it only has basic knowledge, but on the other hand, if you’re a beginner, you should really take out time to read this part of the tutorial, a sit might help you understand rooting a bit better.
Android Rooting is a basic procedure, by which you gain the root access to the device. which simply means that you get to control your device better than ever before. You are given the privilege to even interfere in the system processes and control the working and the functioning of the device to the deepest level, and perform very hardcore customizations on the device. All in all it is a win win. As you can really get more form your device after rooting it. It is more like running your windows in administrator mode, and if you wish to know more about android rooting, you can head to this post here.
As written above, you can perform some cool customizations on the device, so there are other plenty of stuff, that makes android rooting advantageous. Like you get to perform very hardcore tweaks on the device, like you are able to increase the RAM, overclock processor, increase the internal memory, Flash Custom ROMs, and also Play HD Games. Also if you wish to know more tweaks, that can be performed, you can read this page here. Also there is post, which is dedicated to explain you all the advantages of rooting your android smartphone.
Talking of all the advantages, there are many disadvantages of rooting your android smartphone as well. Infact many of you would be knowing as fact that, when you root your android smartphone, you lose the manufacturer’s warranty on the device. And not only this, your device becomes more vulnerable to malware threats, since you have tweaked with the default settings on grand 2 lte. Read more disadvantages of rooting your android smartphone here.
About this Tutorial:
Well first of all let us understand, that what really are we going to do in this tutorial, as in what method and approach are we going to follow. As there are tons and tons of methods out there to root your device, we will be following the use of odin, in this specific one. We will use Odin Downloader, which is a flash tool for flashing files, onto the Samsung phones, and is provided by Samsung itself. So you can stop worrying, as this comes all official. We will flash the Root File onto the file, by connecting it to the PC, through the Odin. This is the most basic approach to root Grand 2 LTE, but it one of the safest too, only if you follow the proper instructions. So let’s begin already.
Before you begin with the procedure and rush to root the grand 2 LTE, you have to have these things done first. Hence the name pre requisites, below is list which you can refer to.
- Make sure that the device is charged properly, as we do not want that it should interrupt you in the middle of the procedure. So make sure it is charged to atleast 60 percent.
- A Laptop or a Computer with proper drivers installed on the device will be required for the procedure.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode o the Device, which can be done in developer Options.
- In case you cannot find the Developer Options, you will have to tap on the Build Number 7 times, in the About Tab in the Settings
- Download the files from the download section below onto the computer.
- Also make sure that you have made a proper backup for the device, though following this tutorial will not delete any of your data, but still it is better to be on the safer side.
- You can refer to the guides below, in case you do not know how to do them.
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- Backup and Restore SMS
- Backup and restore Contacts
So here is the file that you need to download, without it you cannot perform the procedure or follow the tutorial to root grand 2 LTE. But before you can hit it, you need to unlock it by performing any of the functions that have been mentioned below.
How to Root Galaxy Grand 2 LTE SM-G7105:
So here finally are the step by step instructions that you need to follow, so as to root grand 2 LTE. Once again make sure that you have gone through the pre requisites, and also that you have gone through the other basic stuff that has been given above in the post.
- The first step requires you to download and extract the root package on your computer from the link above.
- You now have to boot your phone into download mode. To do this, first time your phone off. Once it is turned off, press and hold the Volume down button + home button + Power button for about 10 seconds. You will then see a warning message with a yellow triangle sign. Press the volume up button to continue.
- Now go to the location where the files from the root package were extracted and launch the executable Odin file.
- Connect your smartphone to the computer using a USB cable. You will see an Added message on the lower left portion of the Odin window.
- Now click on the PDA filed in Odin and select the CF-Auto-Root.tar file from extracted root package files.
- Click on the Start button to begin the rooting process. Once the process is complete, your phone will automatically reboot following which you will see a Pass message in a green box. You can then disconnect your phone.
- To make sure of the root, look for the SuperSU app in the app drawer of the phone. If you find this app, your phone has been successfully rooted.
So this was a short tutorial, I hope this helped you in rooting galaxy grand 2 LTE by using Odin. In case you face any errors in the middle of the procedure, or any of the links seem to be broken you can comment below, and our team, or any of the users, would help you out as soon as possible.