Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus is an old device and it tends to get slow and also the phone starts to lag, which is quite natural for an android device. But there is always rooting and you could root galaxy trend plus and increase it’s performance by the same. So let the rooting begin.
Before you Root Galaxy Trend Plus:
There are a few things that you must be knowing before you begin to root galaxy trend plus. And that are, that you should be having a basic knowledge about android rooting and stuff related to it. In case you are not rooting your device for the first time and also are well aware of the basic concepts you can skip this part of the tutorial. But in case you are a beginner and are new to this thing, you should atleast give it a read.
Now Android Rooting, in the most simple words is a process by which you are able to control your android device more, by interfering in the core functioning of the device. As you might be knowing, which by default the android phone does not allow you to do so. So when you root, you get the access to that, are able to perform many things on your device which alter the ways in which the android functioning works. To know more about android rooting, you can read What is Android Rooting.
Now as you read above when you root your device, you are able to control your device more and are also able to perform tweaks, which can obviously prove to be beneficial to you. Which are the benefits, or the advantages if rooting your android device. To list a few increase the internal memory, you can install Custom ROMs, Play HD Games, increase the RAM , overclocking the processor in android, delete the bloatware and much more. Not only this there are practically uncountable number of root tweaks that can be performed on your android device. To read about more advantages of rooting, click here.
Now as you know everything in the world has both the advantages and disadvantages, and so is the case with android rooting. Yes, apart from many advantages there are also many disadvantages of rooting your android phone. Like when you root your android device you tend to lose the warranty of the device. Not only that, when you root and try to do things that you don’t have any knowledge about, like flashing roms and stuff you could well end up soft bricking your android device. And not inky this, there are many more disadvantages that you will have to face when you root trend plus, which you can find in this post.
So after you now have a basic knowledge and also have understood some of the advantages and disadvantages of rooting, you shall now proceed.
About the Tutorial:
In this tutorial you will be able to root trend plus, by using a third party recovery and then using the recovery to flash the SuperSU file by which you will gain the root access. We will flash the recovery using Odin and you will require a laptop and a computer for the same.
Before you begin to root galaxy trend plus, there are many things that would need to do, so before is a list of things that have been compiled for the same purpose.
- Make sure that the device us at least 60% charged if you do not want the device to interrupt in the middle of the procedure due to lack of power.
- Also you will need a recovery installed on the device, a third party like CWM or TWRP on trend plus.
- Also backup all the important data on the device as it is always good to be in the safer side. You can refer to or guides below.
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- Download the files below, from the download section as they will be required to root galaxy trend plus.
- Also we will be needing a laptop and a computer with proper drivers installed for the device.
Download the files below, as they are necessary for the procedure and for the tutorial to root trend plus, and install cwm on it.
How to Root Galaxy Trend Plus and Install CWM:
Follow the step by step instructions below to root and install cwm on galaxy trend plus.
- Enable USB debugging mode by navigating in to Settings > Developer Options and checking the box next to USB debugging. If developer options are not activated, do so by tapping on the build number 7-9 times.
- Download the tools required for rooting from onto your laptop or desktop. After downloading them,extract them.
- In the extracted files you will find a file named SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.exe which are Samsung drivers for your pc. Install them on your computer.
- Copy the file UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip into the root of the SD card of your phone.
- Boot your phone into download mode by first turning it off and then turning it on by pressing and holding the Power button + Home key + Volume down key simultaneously for about 8 seconds.
- Run Odin3 v3.07.exe on your computer and connect the phone while in download mode to the computer with a USB cable.
- Uncheck Auto-reboot and F. Time reset and click on the PDA field and choose the recovery.tar.md5 file from the downloaded package.
- Click on start which will start flashing the recovery file. When the process is complete, you will see pass written in the Odin window.
- Now disconnect your phone and long press the Home button + Volume up key + Power button which will boot your phone into CWM recovery that we must flashed.
- Once in recovery mode, navigate to the option ‘ Install zip > Choose zip from external sdcard’ using the volume up and volume down button and select the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip file using the home button. Click yes to any prompts.
- Reboot the phone after successful flash and you’re done.
So this was a short post, which helped you root galaxy trend plus GT-S7580 and install cwm on it, and in case you face errors contact our team, they will try to get back to you as soon as possible.