Samsung had released the Galaxy Core, some time ago. And chances are high as usual, the your core device would be getting slow, and lagging and making your day worse. But guess what? You could always root Galaxy Core Plus, and then increase the performance, or also personalize your device, or install a custom ROM on it. So here is a short tutorial that would help you in the process to root it.
Before you Root Galaxy Core Plus:
There are some things that you need to be knowing about rooting, in case you did not know. But if in case you are a pro, and have been rooting phone since a quite bit of time, simply skip this part and jump to the next one. But in case you are not, you should atleast read this part before you begin.
Android Rooting, is a process by which you get the power to control your android device to a more hardcore level, as the basic android code does not allow to do so. Now when you root, you control every small things, and also the process in the functioning of the device. It is just like running your widows on the computer in Admin Mode. And of course you could use this power to perform many tweaks and use it your advantage. Also if you wish to know more about android rooting, you can read here.
Now talking of the advantages, as I said above, there can be many tweaks that you can perform on the device, once you root it. Like for instance you could increase the internal memory, you can install Custom ROMs, Play HD Games, increase the RAM , overclocking the processor in android, delete the bloatware and much more. And there are practically uncountable number of tweaks that can be performed on it. You could get our list of android root tweaks here.
But unfortunately, rooting does not have advantages only, it also has many disadvantages. There is a reason by default Android Code does not give you the root access. Like when you root your device, you lose the warranty to the device, and also as you get the full control, you could make any wrong process die, or change any priority, and end up bricking your device. And also there are many other disadvantages of rooting your android phone, that you can read here.
So only after, you are well aware of rooting, and what all it has to offer, and also the cons of it. You should be thinking and then only proceeding with the tutorial to root Galaxy Core Plus.
About this Tutorial:
Here is a basic idea, of what we are going to do in this tutorial in order to gain the root access to your device, i.e. to Root Galaxy Core Plus. Firstly we will flashing a third party CWM recovery on the device using a Laptop and running the din Multi Dowloader tool from Samsung. And then we will be using this same recovery to flash the root package, which will in turn give us the root access to the device, and the device will be rooted.
Before you start installing CWM and the process to root Galaxy Core Plus, here is a list of pre requisites that need to be addressed before.
- Make sure that the device is atleast 70% charged.
- Also you would need a laptop or a computer for this tutorial
- Proper drivers for the device, need to be installed on it, if not you can get them here.
- Though you would not lose your data, by following this procedure, but still we advise you to backup it before you begin.
- You can refer to our guides if you do not know how to do it.
- Enable the USB debugging mode, from the settings of the phone.
- Also download the files required from the download section below, as they will be required to root and install cwm on Galaxy Core Plus.
Download the files below as they will be required in the procedure to root core plus, and cwm on it.
How to Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy Core Plus SM-g3500:
So here follow these steps to first install the CWM recovery on the device, using the Odin Multi downloader.
- Again make sure that you have enabled the USB Debugging option on the device by navigating into the settings.
- After you have downloaded the recovery file from the download section above, you need to connect the device to computer or laptop.
- Now install the Odin software on the laptop or computer to which you have connected the phone.
- Now it is the time to connect the device to the laptop or the computer, and then boot the device into the Download Mode. You can do that by pressing the Volume Down, Home and the Power buttons at the same time.
- If the connection is successful and the drivers are working fine, the ID:COM section would turn blue, indicating that it has established a connection.
- Now you need to click on the PDA section, and select the recovery image file, and then click on start button. Also see that all other options are checked as in the image, to install cwm recovery on galaxy core plus.
- As the process completes, the ID:COM section would turn green, and it will say PASS.
- Now disconnect the device, and reboot the device.
- You have successfully install CWM recovery onto the Galaxy Core Plus.
Now since you have flashed the recovery, it is now the time to more onto the second part of the tutorial, i.e., to now to get the root access.
Root Galaxy Core Plus SM-g3500:
Now follow the steps below to root the galaxy Core Plus using the recovery.
- Transfer the root package, onto the SD card of the device.
- Now you need to boot the device into the recovery mode, you can do that by pressing the Volume Up, Home and the Power buttons at the same point of time.
- As you boot into the recovery mode, select the option, “install .zip from SD card”, and then navigate to the file you placed.
- And then the recovery will start installing the root package, and it will notify you as soon as the process is successful.
- Reboot, the device and you will find the SuperSU installed in your app drawer.
So, enjoy you just rooted Samsung Galaxy Core Plus and also installed CWM Recovery on it. If you faced any errors, or got stuck somewhere in the procedure, or also any of the download links are not working, feel free to contact out team, or you could also leave a comment below. We would try to get back to you as soon as possible.