Looking for some ways to root captivate glide, then here is a post which will help you through with this simple tutorial. As the device gets old, it slows down and becomes less responsive and this problem can be treated when you root the device and perform some tweaks to in read the performance.
Before you Root Captivate Glide:
Before you rush to the instructions part of the tutorial and start rooting the device there are things that you should having at least a basic knowledge of. You should be knowing what are you actually doing to the device, in other words you should have a basic knowledge of rooting and things related to it. If you do not know about it, you should be at least giving it a read as 5 minutes more would hardly make a difference by reading it, but you might understand rooting a bit more. But on the other hand you are pretty confident and know about rooting and stuff you can surely skip the part and jump on to the next section of the tutorial.
Android rooting is a procedure by which you gain the root access, which allows you to control your android device in a more effective and more deeply.. You eve get to control the system process and interfere in the core functioning if the device. And by doing that you are completely on the driver seat and are able to perform so many tweaks on the device. So in a nutshell rooting your android device would help you to control and use your device better than ever before. To know and read more about, go to what is rooting.
Now there are several advantages of rooting your android smartphone. As discussed above when you root the device, you are able to control it fully and rid allows you to perform tweaks and customizations which are really efficient and helpful but cannot be performed without rooting. So if you are looking to increase the productivity rooting could be your cup of tea. To list a few tweaks, you could delete the bloatware, increase the RAM , Play HD Games, overclocking the processor in android and increase the internal memory. And the list does not end here. There are tons and tons of other tweaks and customizations that can be performed on the device. And here is a list compiled for you.
Not only advantages, unfortunately rooting also has some disadvantages. When you root your device you tend to lose the warranty provided by the manufacturer of the device. And not only this when you root captivate glide there are several other disadvantages as it increases the risk and vulnerability of the device towards random boot loops and bricking when performing some hardcore tweaks. To know more disadvantages of rooting, have a look at this post.
About the Tutorial:
In this tutorial we will be getting the root access in the most traditional method for Samsung devices. We will root captivate glide with the help of a recovery which will be flashed on the device with the help of odin software. And then with the help of the cwm recovery we will flash the root package which will give us the root access to the device. So this is what and how we will rot captivate glide. Though this is not the easiest or the fastest process, but it is really safe and the most basic method to root the device. So let us begin.
Before you begin there is a list of things that need to addressed in the first place. As they are must and required before you root captivate glide.
- We will need a laptop and a computer or a laptop with proper drivers installed for the device. You could download them here.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode, by going into the Developer Options.
- This tutorial would not delete of your data on the device, but still you should backup to stay on the safer side.
- You could take help of some of the guides below.
- Also download the files below from the download section.
Before we start with the rooting procedure, you will need to download some essentials which will be required during the process to root captivate glide. Download them from the below links on your computer.
Flashing CWM recovery on Captivate Glide:
So here is the first part of the tutorial which will help you to flash the cwm recovery. Follow the instructions below.
- Extract Odin and CWM Recovery files to a suitable location on your computer.
- Click on the executable Odin file to run Odin on your computer.
- Click on the PDA field and choose the extracted CWM recovery file from the location to where you extracted it.
- Now boot your phone into download mode by first turning it off and then turning it back on by pressing and holding the Power button + Volume up key for about 10 seconds. The press the volume up key to continue.
- Now connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
- In the Odin window, check the Auto Reboot and the F. Reset Time option and uncheck all others
- Click on start to start flashing the CWM recovery file.
After the file has been flashed,your phone will automatically restart.
Root captivate Glide:
So after the flashing of the recovery is done, we can now move on to the next part of the tutorial. Which will help us root Samsung captivate glide.
- After it does that, copy the superuser file to the root of your phones SD card.
- Now boot it into recovery mode by first turning it off and then turning it back on by holding and pressing the Power button + Volume down button for about 10 seconds.
- After you do that, navigate using the volume up and volume down button to the ‘ Install zip from SD card option ‘ and select it using the power button. Now select the ‘ Choose zip from SD card ‘ option and select the superuser file they we copied to the root of the SD card.
- This will start the rooting process which should take about 10-15 seconds.
So this was a tutorial that helped you flash cwm and root captivate glide. If you face any problems or the downloads links aren’t working, or any other error for that matter then you could comment below and we would try to solve and get back to you as soon as possible.