Before you Root LG Optimus L7:There are some things that you should be knowing before you begin with the procedure to root LG Optimus L7. You should be having a basic knowledge about android rooting and the concepts related to it. This section is for the newbies and the people who are not knowing about rooting at all and it is their first time. But on the other hand if you are a regular one and know about it already, you can skip this part of the tutorial. Below is a intro part for the first timers, that might make it a bit easy for them to begin with.
In the simplest of words, when you root an android device you seize to gain the full control over the device. You are able to control the system processes, default workflows and make really great customizations and performing many tweaks on it. Now of course we are talking things that by default the android code would not allow you to do, but when you root the device you are. You in a sense are the super user of the device and can control the device better than ever before. It is quite different from jailbreaking an iPhone, as it is illegal whereas rooting your android phone is completely legal. I cannot write the whole story about android and rooting in this post right here, as this was just a brief introductory part and if you wish to know more then you should read this post.
Now as said above, when you root the device you are able to control it and perform tweaks and customizations on it. Of course this can advantage you, in many ways as you can in read the productivity or also the performance of your android device in many cases. When you root a device, you are able to increase the RAM install Custom ROMs, increase the internal memory, Play HD Games, and also you could overclock processor. And not only this, there are many more tweaks out there that can be performed on an android device, once it is rooted. And if you are looking forward to get to know about them in detail, read this post on advantages of rooting.
There are also some disadvantages of rooting your android device as well. As many of you might already be knowing that once you root an android device, you would lose then warranty on the device that has been provided by the manufacturer. Not only this there are many other disadvantages of rooting your device too, like you could end up in random boot loops and other problems that might occur to you while performing many tweaks and if you do not know what you're actually doing, it could make you land in troubles. Here is a post that discusses every detailed disadvantage of rooting an android device.
About the Tutorial:
There are so many tutorials out there to root an android device, so let us see that how will we root optimus f7 in this post. We will use drama root that we will install on the device with it’s apk source and it will give us the root access. Now this method is really easy and would take no time at all as compared to the other methods out there and also you would need a pc or a laptop for this computer. It has been tried and tested on the device and is safe and is really easy, even for beginners.
Read: How to Unbrick your device
Pre Requisites:Below is a list things that you are required to do before you begin with the tutorial to root LG Optimus L7 and make sure that you surely do get them done before you begin.
- Make sure that the device is properly charged so that it does not interrupt us in the middle of the root in procedure.
- Enable the Installation of Apps from unknown Sources, which can be done in the Security Settings.
- You need to make a proper backup of the device and the data, though it won't get deleted but still you should do it as a precautionary measure.
- You can learn how to backup the data on the device from the guides below
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup and Restore SMS and WhatsApp Messages
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- You need to download the files from the download section below.
Download the file from the link given below as it is required and really important if you want to root lg optimus f7 using this very procedure. And before you can download the file you will have to unlock it as well, and that can be done by doing the things mentioned in the locker box below.
How to Root LG Optimus F7:
So are the steps that you need to follow for the procedure to root optimus f7. Before you begin with the procedure once again make sure that you have downloaded all the tools required and also gone through various other sections of the post as well.
- Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable and copy the Framaroot.apk file to the root of your SD card.
- Disconnect your device from the computer and open the file manager on your phone.
- Go to the root of you SD card and install the Framaroot app.
- Once the app is installed, launch it from the app drawer of your phone.
- In the app, click on the ‘Install SuperSU’ option from the first drop-down menu.
- Then click on the ‘Gandalf’ option which will start rooting your device.
- When this is done, reboot your phone and it should be rooted.
To make sure of the root, look for the SuperSU app in the app drawer of your phone. This app confirms that your phone has been rooted.
Check the Root Access of the Phone with the help of Root Checker Pro.
Read: Things to do after Rooting android device
This is it, you have rooted LG Optimus L7 without PC. This was a short tutorial aimed at helping you out with the root procedure and help you do it pretty easily without having you to give any manual commands in command prompt. Also note that if you get stuck at any step or any other problem related to tutorial arises, do contact us and we would get back to you as soon as possible.