Here is a post that would help you out to root LG Optimus Big and that too without even using a computer. You could easily root your LG Optimus Big without facing any issues and other problems or hardships that a regular tutorial puts you through. So let’s begin.
Before you Root LG Optimus Big:
As you are here to root your LG Optimus Big, you are expected that you should be knowing of android rooting and the basic things related to it. So that you are not just rooting the device as a fad, but really know what is it all about. In case you already know that and are not a newbie or a beginner them you could skip this part of the post and move on to the next, but if in case you are one, you should definitely first get to know at least some basics about android rooting and things related to it. Here is a small paragraph that might help you begin with it.
Android Rooting is a process which makes you the super user of the device, by getting you the root access to the device as the name suggests. This means, that you are able control your device and do things on it which the default android code does not allow you to do. You are able to perform tweaks, customizations and other stuff on the device which definitely makes your device better for you. They may be performance tweaks or simple customization tweaks. Rooting allows you to interfere in the functioning of the device and also you could make changes in many system processes. All in all rooting will get you started with the device and experience the real open source environment of android. We cannot even discuss just the 10% of what android rooting is all about and this would just be the conclusion on that case, and if you now are really interested in reading more about it, you should read this post here.
Android Rooting allows you to perform tweaks and customizations, of course it means that you can use it to your own advantage. To list a few tweaks that you could perform on the device, you could install Custom ROMs, Play HD Games, overclock processor,increase the RAM and also you could increase the internal memory. And not only this, there are many other tweaks that you can perform on the device and if you wish to read about them too, refer to this list. And the detailed post explaining the advantages of rooting would further assist you.
Also android rooting has some disadvantages as well. Your device becomes more vulnerable and you might also end up in troubles while performing many hardcore tweaks on the device, so you got to be really cautious and not take it casually. And there are many other disadvantages of rooting your android device, the most common of them all is when you root a device you lose the warranty on the device, which is provided by the manufacturer. So people generally root the device only when it is out of the warranty period. You can know about more disadvantages of rooting here.
About this Tutorial:
Let us first have a look that what method we will use in this tutorial to root lg optimus big, as there are so many tutorials out there and to sort things out before we begin. In this tutorial we will root the device with the help of an application that will root the device for us. Now we will be installing this app on the phone via the apk source file and then we will use it to get the root access. Now all you got to do is, follow a simple. Set of instructions for the same. You need to proceed at your own risk as we would not be responsible for any damage that might occur or caused to the device in the middle of the procedure.
Here are some things that need your attention before you begin with the procedure to root LG Optimus Big and you need to have them done before. So below is a list that has all those things that need your attention in the first place.
- First of all, backup all your important data on the device.
- Rooting does not delete any of the user data, but still you should back it up as a precaution.
- Refer to the guides below, if in case you do not know how to do it.
- Backup Apps for Unrooted Devices
- Backup and restore Contacts
- Backup and Restore SMS and WhatsApp Messages
- Charge the device to at least 60 or 70 percent, as you would not want that the device should go off in the middle of the procedure and ask you to plug in the charger.
- Enable the installation of apps from Unknown Sources, which can be found under the Security tab in Settings.
- Download the files from the download section below.
You need to download the Super-Root.apk file for your phone from link given below. Now without this file, you won’t be able to follow this tutorial as it is really essential. Also note that there are some. Things that you would have to do before you download the file, mentioned in the locker box below.
How to Root LG Optimus Big Lu6800:
Below are the final instructions and the steps you need to follow. So as to begin with the procedure to root optimus big. Also to remind you once again, that it would be better if. You. Have gone through the previous sections of the post before we finally begin.
- Now connect the phone to your computer using a USB cable and copy the apk file to the SD card of your phone.
- Disconnect your phone from the computer and head to Settings from the app drawer. In Settings, go to the Security menu and look for the Unknown Sources option. Check the box next to this option which will allow you to download third party apps. You can uncheck this after your phone is rooted.
- Now go to the location where the apk file was copied and click on the file to begin its installation.
- Once the installation is complete, launch the app from the app drawer.
- Select ‘Install SuperSU’ from the first dropdown menu that appears. Then click on the Exploit button. This will begin the rooting process.
Once the rooting process is complete, restart the phone. To make sure of the root, look for the SuperSU app in the all drawer. If you find this app, your phone has been successfully rooted. You can also install the Root Checker app to confirm the root.
So this is it, this was a tutorial that helped you to root LG Optimus Big without pc easily and within minutes. If you face any problems in the middle of the procedure or any of the download links don’t work or any other tutorial related problem then you could get to us in the form of comments below and we would get back to you with a solution asap.